Manufacturing jobs aren't even coming back to China (1 Viewer)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Chinese Factory Replaces 90% Of Human Workers With Robots, Sees 250% Production Increase - Monetary Watch

Quantity up 250% quality 5 fold fewer errors, lower costs. From 650 employees to 60 hoping to eventually drop to 20. This is going to keep happening, and soon cashiers and fast food cooks and shelf stockers will all be like coopers and blacksmiths. We'd better start thinking now about what happens when there are only jobs for less than half of us.
I think the digital age is creating a new economic paradigm in which even at 100% global productive capacity, there won't be enough human workers needed to employ a substantial amount of the global population. If that happens, then what happens to those that there are no jobs for? Do we let them starve in the streets, because we refuse to let go of the philosophy that working is the only means by which to provide yourself with money for food and shelter? Are do we purge?

These are difficult questions to answer, but I really believe it's already starting. If we don't find answers now then millions, perhaps billions, will be left starving in the streets which will lead to massive riots on a global scale.

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is not new and the equilibrium point has moved very slowly along. Obviously as more of these robots replace humans, more humans have learned to code and manufacture the robots.

I worked in a Coca Cola plant about 15 years ago and they had robots lifting and stacking in their own sections. They were even kind enough to always stop and let you pass. Can't say that for all the humans I worked with over there. :scratch:

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the plus side, we can strip-mine the **** out of Appalachia!

Reaction score
This is not new and the equilibrium point has moved very slowly along. Obviously as more of these robots replace humans, more humans have learned to code and manufacture the robots.

I worked in a Coca Cola plant about 15 years ago and they had robots lifting and stacking in their own sections. They were even kind enough to always stop and let you pass. Can't say that for all the humans I worked with over there. :scratch:
A handful of programmers can write the code for an entire force of robots and robots are already building robots. Once they get a good enough handle on AI, then robots will be able to start programming themselves and other robots.

There's a software company that's already developed software that can compose music. Even artists will be competing with computers someday.

Then Skynet.

Last edited:

mr.t

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Universal income or endless war
I know which one I prefer
It's funny how democrats were president for WWI, WWII, Korea, and the major escalation in Vietnam. Trump was against Iraq and wants to keep us from fighting Russia. Hillary was itching to fight Russia. I think more soldiers were killed in Afghanistan under Obama. Hillary and Obama would love universal everything if they had their way. MAGA

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Your reading comprehension is remarkably absent. Just so you know.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny how democrats were president for WWI, WWII, Korea, and the major escalation in Vietnam. Trump was against Iraq and wants to keep us from fighting Russia. Hillary was itching to fight Russia. I think more soldiers were killed in Afghanistan under Obama. Hillary and Obama would love universal everything if they had their way. MAGA
And yet you teach history
Supposedly
Perhaps alt-teach alt-history

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What color is the sky where you're from? 'Cause it sure ain't blue.

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score

This is what bugs me about the discussions and campaign promises to bring back manufacturing jobs, coal mining and things along those lines. The work and industries are changing. Energy sources are evolving. I feel like the narrative needs to change. Instead of "we'll bring x, y, z back", we need to be saying: these jobs simply don't exist any longer because of technology, environmental needs/requirements and research so instead let's focus our efforts on getting our citizens trained and learn new skills pertaining to their industry so they can evolve professionally and remain gainfully employed.

I understand that this is all some people know and they yearn for the days where things stay relatively the same and they don't have to change. But that's just not reality.

As a data analyst, I have to learn whatever industry standards are that my company is using. If I had refused to learn SQL and was insistent upon only using MS Access to query databases, I'd have been out of a job.

More recently, we have implemented Tableau for visualization to replace using Excel for dashboards. My company provided 5 days of on-site training. The one person who didn't show up? The oldest guy on our team (he's probably retirement age or beyond) and he refuses to learn how to use it and is insistent on creating his dashboards in Excel which nobody on my entire team is doing anymore. Eventually he'll be forced to learn or when the next round of layoffs happen, he'll be deemed as eligible to be cut because the rest of us have possess the skills that are in demand and are more efficient.

You don't cater to the naysayers or those who refuse to change. You cater to the early adopters of change and the others will eventually follow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom