Mar-a-Lago (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Off he'll go for a 3rd straight weekend for another estimated cost of $3 million of our tax money, making that $9 mil so far for this month alone. If he keeps it up (plus the $$ being spend to keep Melania in NYC), he'll top the total of ~$85 million spent on vacays by the Obamas in 4 yrs in under a year easily (assuming he's still in office pretending to be president).

Trump returning to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend | TheHill

“There’s just so much to be done,” Drumpf said after winning the presidential election. “So I don’t think we’ll be very big on vacations, no.”

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
8 years for the Obamas, not 4. He's at 10 times their pace on his own trips, not counting the trips for the other family members. Luckily the first months are traditionally the most laden with vacations historically speaking.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The nice thing is, I'm sure they're reimbursing Mar-a-Lago for all the rooms they need for the staff. Nothing like guaranteeing yourself full occupancy all year-round.

And no one on the GOP side is going to so much as lift an eyebrow, for fear that in a fit of pique he won't sign their pet tax cut/social agenda/de-regulation.

So get used to it.

OP
nolaspe

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
8 years for the Obamas, not 4. He's at 10 times their pace on his own trips, not counting the trips for the other family members. Luckily the first months are traditionally the most laden with vacations historically speaking.
I meant 8 yrs lol... my bad...

Saintshizzle

G.O.M.A.B
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The nice thing is, I'm sure they're reimbursing Mar-a-Lago for all the rooms they need for the staff. Nothing like guaranteeing yourself full occupancy all year-round.

And no one on the GOP side is going to so much as lift an eyebrow, for fear that in a fit of pique he won't sign their pet tax cut/social agenda/de-regulation.

So get used to it.
Yes sir. They wanted a "Businessman" in the White House, but now they have a crook in Businessman clothing. People on the left said it, but it demands repeating: Atlantic City, Las Vegas, New York, Florida...and all of the overseas places that he conned, have nothing on how he will con the US Treasury.

They hired a 3-Card Molly Crook, in a suit, to be in the White House.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. And he never even hid it from the American people either.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

So get used to it.
While I don't care for the man's extreme policies, I wouldn't count out Paul Rand. His consistent devotion to a balanced budget and cutting spending will eventually cause him to publicly complain.

However, you can't just compare vacations. Need to compare all govt travel Obama did that was optional or showing a foreign official around.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
While I don't care for the man's extreme policies, I wouldn't count out Paul Rand. His consistent devotion to a balanced budget and cutting spending will eventually cause him to publicly complain.
Just enough to claim he can keep his Libertarian card, which is about as real as the fake ID I had in college.

He's no different from any of the other ones, he's just got a slightly different shtick, and at the end of the day you can count on him to fall in line whenever prudent or necessary to maintain the bedrock principle every American politician would rather die than breach -- "Gee, I can't do you any good if I don't get re-elected!"

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Every Democrat should just sit back and enjoy every second of this. Trump is doing everything he can to help build a case for his impeachment when/IF the Democrats get control of both houses in 2018.

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Every Democrat should just sit back and enjoy every second of this. Trump is doing everything he can to help build a case for his impeachment when/IF the Democrats get control of both houses in 2018.
At the rate he's going, he's building a case for his impeachment before football season starts up again.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
No they shouldn't. This whole chapter in history is sad and damaging to our country. Everybody should hope that it's over as soon as possible, but there's nothing to smile about. And Trump supporters should remove their heads from their rears and recognize what's happening.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think all members of congress should be judged for trying to do something and for trying to do it the right way.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
No they shouldn't. This whole chapter in history is sad and damaging to our country. Everybody should hope that it's over as soon as possible, but there's nothing to smile about. And Trump supporters should remove their heads from their rears and recognize what's happening.
bingo.

We dont have 2 years.

The damage to the office of President is continuing daily. Domestically and abroad.

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
But her emails...

There's nothing to be gained from this. The Democrats lack the ability to use Trump's failures to build political capital, and they refuse to play "the game" of governance that the Republicans have mastered during the last 35 years. "When they go low, we go high!" is a great sentiment in theory, but its hard to go high when your legs have been chopped off and you're standing on stumps. Being utterly ineffective is not a good look.

It shows a lack of saavy that, quite frankly, hurts their case even with someone like me, who is diametrically opposed to the aims of the modern Republican party. Imagine what it must look like to moderate voters looking for a "party of action".

JLaneSaints

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
bingo.

We dont have 2 years.

The damage to the office of President is continuing daily. Domestically and abroad.

But Democrats are going about it the wrong way. They are attacking EVERYTHING. Literally EVERYTHING. Hell, if Trump or any of his cabinet breathe the wrong way, it's front page news as a travesty.

Which is watering down the events that SHOULD be a big deal. I stopped listening to political news a week ago. Because I got so numb to attacks on Trump. Democrats yelled at his breakfast choices with the exact same fervor as the travel ban.

If the Democrats really want to stop the damage being caused, stop blowing up every time a Republican Jaywalks, and just concentrate on the important things.

A prime example was all the cabinet picks. The Democrats should have focused on 1 or 2 of the really bad picks, aka Devos. However, they *****ed and moaned and stomped and threw a hissy fit over even minor picks, and thus couldn't stop anyone.

Maybe, just maybe, if the Democrats can get their heads out of their ***** and focus all together on the big screw-ups, they can get something done.

Trust me, the average VOTING American is going to get numb and tired of all the attacks until the crazy right wing conspiracy theories get proven true, at which point the average American isn't going to listen to the left when the complain about things that actually need complaining about.

It's kind of a boy who cried wolf scenario. Democrats need to be careful about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom