Marcel Jones?? (1 Viewer)

I bet you thought the same thing about Bushrod when he got his shot.

Please show me how many mid round offensive tackles have been drafted and how many have made multiple pro bowls. Bushrod was a 4th round pick from a small school, he had talent but was hard to evaluate because of the competition he played against. Marcel Jones has ideal size for an OT, played at Nebraska and was picked in the 7th round.

I'm not saying Marcel Jones can't be a good LOT but I am saying the odds are stacked against him.

Rolling with a 7th round pick offensive tackle that has never taken a NFL snap to protect Brees' blind side would be like flying the president around on a single engine prop plane, you just don't do it.

I think it's asylum worthy NUTS to "give a shot" to a LT, especially in an offense where if Drew goes down, the team goes down. You don't skimp at LT. Especially this year, when it appears that there's a very deep pool of quality LTs in free agnecy. From a supply standpoint, the value should be very good for LTs, relative to past years.

What do you guys think about letting Bushrod walk and giving Jones a shot?

dafuq.gif

If we go into the season expecting Marcel Jones, Charles Brown, and Strief to keep Brees clean, we are screwed.

2/3 have a long history of injuries. Strief is a fat***.

I dont know why people want to get ride of Bushrod so bad, he is a solid tackle and will probably cost you more money on the open market to bring in a guy of his quality of better...Bushrod coming off two pro bowls is a dependable atheltic tackle and I know he is priority number one come free agency. Marcel Jones along with Bryce Harris and other rookie OL will be competing for playing time and if they prove capable could start, but I dont see either of them providing more than depth this year they both are coming off injuries and probably need more development...oline should come back fully intact next year.

I like Jones and hope he has a future with the team, but he was a seventh round draft pick, an often injured RT, who spent his rookie year on IR and you want him to be our starting LT?

If a person dons the B&G he is, by all accounts, a pro-bowler. Just look at a few threads and you will find that almost every defensive player we have is an all-pro despite the fact that we had the worst defense in history. If only the coaches were as smart as the average Saintsreport poster.

If a person dons the B&G he is, by all accounts, a pro-bowler. Just look at a few threads and you will find that almost every defensive player we have is an all-pro despite the fact that we had the worst defense in history. If only the coaches were as smart as the average Saintsreport poster.

And, of course, some of the players that didn't even make the squad...Ojo was the original BEASTMODE. :)

We need George Plimpton to do a compare and contrast of Ojo and Syd Finch. :)

I liked the little i saw of him. Not sure he is ready though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

No but Charles Brown is underrated and could probably do a pretty good job at LT but the concern with him is injury.

Not only do I agree with this, I think it's an ideal move. Charlie Brown is ready to take over at tackle. I would love to see his athleticism at LT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom