Marcelus Wiley said today on ESPN! (1 Viewer)

What planet are we living on? You WANT to get Drew Brees to pass? Next we'll be hearing how they will ignore Reggie Bush.

It is a pick your poison situation with the Saints this year.

The big difference in this game is the Jets are facing one of, if not the, smartest quarterbacks in the NFL.

The Saints are facing a guy who has played three games in the NFL.

I like the Saints odds of shutting down Sanchez over the Jets shutting down Drew.

Face it people, these "analyst" don't know squat!

Should any of us expect them to know much about 3 or more teams, I think not. These guys don't watch the games, so why should it matter what they think? "THINK"!

There's nothing valid to most of there opinionated analysis. We all have opinions, its up to the people in your circle to determine whether or not its worth paying attention to.

Its simply basic blabber to get fans, and so-called fans to talk. Just because some of these guys are former "players" doesn't really make them know more than the viewers, especially the viewers that are fans of 1 or 2 particular teams who's able to watch every game of there respective teams. Trust me, I rather go on my own analysis, or even one of you guys' before the one's who are on T.V.!

Um here's a huge problem for the Jets, their #2 (Lito Sheppard) and nickelback (Donald Strickland) are not expected to play Sunday. Revis is a top 3 CB in my opinion who's going to cover everyone else?

They are basically going in with their #1, #4, and #5. I hope we run 3 and 4 WR sets all game. Let them take away the run, I'd prefer to pass on them.

That the Jets would try to make us one dimensional and take the run away and make us pass to beat the jets. WHAT?? Most teams that might work. If anything I would think you would try to take away the pass and let us beat you running the ball. We only scored 27 last week running the ball. But Hey Marcelus gets paid the big bucks for his analysis!!

The Jets are down 3 corners for the game... That doesn't make any sense.

Yea I had enough with all the talk, Sunday can not come quick enough.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!

Personally, I kinda feel the same way about this game as I did the Philly game. But now we're in DA DOME! I don't see DB going scoreless again; he'll get over 300 yds and multiple TDs, just wait and see :9:

Is there something inaccurate about his analysis? The reason we have been so unstoppable this year is because we've added a successful run game to our potent passing attack. If you make ANYONE one dimensional, you have a great shot at winning the game. We didn't win very much the last few years when we were forced to throw the ball all the time.

That is not the reason we didn't win last year. We had the #1 offense. We didn't win much last year because:

This just in:

+

He's exactly right. Take away the run, and you can pin your ears back on Brees. Brees is known for getting the ball out quick, but with a fast aggressive blitzing defense like the Jets, the only way he has time to do this consistantly is by opening the defense up. In the past, against inferior teams, we used short, high percentage passes "almost like runs" to open up defenses for the deep pass. But a fast defense shuts this down, which is why we struggled against better d's. The remedy is the run and playaction that come off of the run game, as well as screens and plays that catch the defense overpursuing.

If you take away our ability to run, and Drew has to do it all, he might burn the defense a couple of times, but he may very easily throw a few picks too. And then the Jets will probably show blitz then drop many into coverage to fool Drew. That's their strength. So I would say that our ability to run is the most critical aspect of this game. And removing it is the Jets best chance to succeed. You can't sack or pick a QB who is handing it off. See New England game vs Jets. Then watch the next week when all of the sudden Fred Taylor can still run.

That the Jets would try to make us one dimensional and take the run away and make us pass to beat the jets. WHAT?? Most teams that might work. If anything I would think you would try to take away the pass and let us beat you running the ball. We only scored 27 last week running the ball. But Hey Marcelus gets paid the big bucks for his analysis!!

The Jets have a better run defense than the Bills. They have a better DC and thier head coach is a defense minded coach. Thier D line is better than the Bills. That is probably my Marcelus said that, and he should know, he is an ex football player. It sounds to me like YOU don't know what you are talking about, and thats why YOU don't get paid by ESPN like he does. Good try though.

The Jets have a better run defense than the Bills. They have a better DC and thier head coach is a defense minded coach. Thier D line is better than the Bills. That is probably my Marcelus said that, and he should know, he is an ex football player. It sounds to me like YOU don't know what you are talking about, and thats why YOU don't get paid by ESPN like he does. Good try though.

Actually Buffalo does have a pretty good defensive line, particularly Kelsay and Schobel are pretty good. Actually Schoebel is outstanding. I've been rough on the Left Tackle position because of the Buffalo game but in all honesty, Schobel is one of the better defensive ends we'll face this season.

Strief should be facing Marquis Douglas and Vernon Gholston this week. Douglas in particular he matches up with extremely well in that Douglas is a short, heavy DE (6-2 290) that Strief should look his best against. Gholston's been unimpressive so far.

I wouldn't be surprised though to see them bring Gholston at DE or to even bring Shaun Ellis to the left side some.

The Jets are down 3 corners for the game... That doesn't make any sense.

EDIT-- kfran, I just saw your thread on Strickland and Sheppard listed as "not expected to play". So take the next paragraph with a grain of salt.

After getting fined for not reporting injuries, I think the Jets are going overboard just to be smart alek. Until you see the word "out" next to those three corners, don't pay too much attention to the injury report. That came from a Jets fan, and it was a very good point we've been overlooking. That said, we are all assuming that with no running game, Drew will have time to sit back and disect the Jets defense. If we don't have a running game, he won't. You will see them mugging our WR's at the LOS, doing everything they can to knock of the timing by a split second or so. And that is many times the difference in Brees completing pass after pass and the offense just seeming a little off, with a critical drop on 3rd down, or a pass slightly off because Drew had to hold on to the ball just a little longer for the WR to get open and pressure was getting a tad too close.

This is a dangerous game and a great test against a worthy defense. We better hope we can run enough so that Drew doesn't sack fumble or throw a flustered pass that results in a costly INT. We are assuming Sanchez will not put up points, but 3 other teams made the same assumption. Im not saying I don't think we can win, just that I do think it all depends on how much time Drew has, which is directly affected by the ability to both run and pass, and against this kind of defense, you need both.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom