March 2013 Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

A few of the thousands of Fraser-Skagit population Snow Geese dining in the fields at Fir Island, WA. With 50D (all) and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II.

Tundra and Trumpeter Swans near La Conner, WA.

Northern Harrier hunting along the dikes in the Skagit Wildlife Area on Fir Island.

Marsh Wren raiding a cattail in the Skagit Wildlife Area on Fir Island.

Being eagle-eyed in the Skagit Wildlife Area on Fir Island. (this and above with 300mm f/4L IS + 1.4x TC)

Bellingham at dusk from Alabama Hill. Landmarks far to near: Orcas Island, Lummi Island, Bellingham Bay, Sehome Hill (left), and downtown Bellingham along the bay. EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 and 15s.

Center of a white pansy (Viola tricolor subsp. hortensis) flower. 21 images shot with MP-E 65mm at 2x using 0.26mm steps with a Cognisys StackShot and stacked in Zerene Stacker. Lit with MT-24EX @ 1/16 with diffusion gels.

IMG_4915paint%20small.jpg

IMG_4965crop-XL.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5060-L.jpg

IMG_5020-L.jpg

IMG_5015-L.jpg

Great shots Severun and CJ. Cj that could be a cover for Nat. Geo. Was that natural lighting.

Shot of my Son with a Canon T4i and a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 prime lens. I have had DSLr's for about a year now but no time to really learn. You Pro's are welcome to critique the shot. I captioned the shot:

"Daddy! look at all those toys over there!"

Attachments

• Dylan and Toys resized.jpg
    Dylan and Toys resized.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 7
Cloudy days are the best.

What kind of set up do you have? I'm amazed at how sharp and clear your images are.

Just a T3i and two lenses: Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 and Canon 50mm f/1.4

As for my photos looking sharp and clear, it's about composition, good focus, and post processing. I've gotten alot better over this past year using trial and error to make my photos pop using Lightroom 4 and Aperture 3.2. I look at it as a balance between making the photo stand out vs not overdoing it. Not too much saturation and sharpness, having good focus on the face, and making sure the lighting is flattering enough.

Here's another 2 photos btw:

Big Blue Warrior by cjjr72984, on Flickr

Abandoned Green House by cjjr72984, on Flickr

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom