Marcus Davenport had the best game of his career on Monday (1 Viewer)

TCUDan

Cutting the lead blocker
Staff member
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is mid-week and it's probably already been touched on, but holy mother of God. He played like a freakin centaur on Monday. I haven't even looked at the box score and have no idea what his statline was, but he had an impact on nearly every single play. By the second half they were sliding the protection toward him, and numerous pressures and sacks that won't show up on his personal stat sheet would not have happened without him.

Most impressive is the way he's developed his power game. He's really learned how to extend and was tossing O-linemen around in both the run and pass game. I'm just thoroughly impressed, and while I could be brain-holing here, I don't remember ever seeing him impact a game like that from start to finish.

That was a WEAK Sauce roughing the passer call on MD.
Even the very poor announcing crew agreed.

It was beyond weak, it was utterly non-existent. I mean, Davenport could've sprinted straight past the QB into the visitor's locker room for a shower after the snap and it would've been more of a roughing play than what those refs called. Ridiculous.

Yeah he was great to watch Monday. He just murdered the guy in front of him on multiple occasions.

Please stay healthy the rest of the year MD.

Let's look at it this way. If Payton Turner can get on the field I feel like the pass rush might be absolutely disgusting. They both play similar I feel like Turner is more rounded due to him playing the position longer but DAVENPORT was throwing guys left and right I like the development he's got to figure out how to limit the penalties he does get flagged for

He basically always plays like that.

He's incredible, and it's no secret that Davis had the game he did when MD is on the field wrecking havoc.

Davis is always great, but Monday was even another level for him.

The two games MD has played this year (Packers and Seahawks)......the opponent has scored 1 touchdown......and it was on a missed offensive PI.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom