Marcus Davenport had the best game of his career on Monday (1 Viewer)

Yeah he was great to watch Monday. He just murdered the guy in front of him on multiple occasions.

Please stay healthy the rest of the year MD.

I had to call my buddy on the one where he bull rushed the LT 7 yards deep and when Smith rolled out to his left and Davenport saw that, gave that LT one last "push" and toppled him over backwards on his way to Smith ( who threw it away )

it was possibly one of the nastiest DE v LT rushes ive ever seen.

I had to call my buddy on the one where he bull rushed the LT 7 yards deep and when Smith rolled out to his left and Davenport saw that, gave that LT one last "push" and toppled him over backwards on his way to Smith ( who threw it away )

it was possibly one of the nastiest DE v LT rushes ive ever seen.
in his rookie year they asked Armstead about him and Armstead called him “country strong” or something to that effect. Not many humans can do that to an NFL left tackle. Quite impressive.

I know this is mid-week and it's probably already been touched on, but holy mother of God. He played like a freakin centaur on Monday. I haven't even looked at the box score and have no idea what his statline was, but he had an impact on nearly every single play. By the second half they were sliding the protection toward him, and numerous pressures and sacks that won't show up on his personal stat sheet would not have happened without him.

Most impressive is the way he's developed his power game. He's really learned how to extend and was tossing O-linemen around in both the run and pass game. I'm just thoroughly impressed, and while I could be brain-holing here, I don't remember ever seeing him impact a game like that from start to finish.

The play where he got the roughing the passer, my face legit went :oops:

The tackle stood no chance and it was almost like Davenport was just steering him into the QB.

in his rookie year they asked Armstead about him and Armstead called him “country strong” or something to that effect. Not many humans can do that to an NFL left tackle. Quite impressive.

So i think, if anyone has access to the All 22- it was around 3:41 left in 2nd- the play im talking about.

I searched you tube but cant find a vid in that time frame.

id love to see again

That was a WEAK Sauce roughing the passer call on MD.
Even the very poor announcing crew agreed.
They did not call roughing the passer. They called Personal Foul. It was not for the action on the qb. The poor arse announcers talked about it as if ut had been called roughing on the passer, but the ref never mentioned passer. Just generic personal foul, which tells you it was called for something he did to another player, which was still hirse short.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom