Marcus Davenport is the top rookie edge defender in the NFL so far this season. (1 Viewer)

Davenport was great against the run this year. Many tackles for losses. Great at containing. This may play a big part in his grade.

If you watch his every down videos from college, it’s not that surprising. Many of those teams ran away from him even then.

Not so good an idea with your other option is Cam Jordan. Very excited for this player. The coaches speak of his understanding of the game and the dude is already practicing speaking in front of a camera.

Gonna need that ability cause the media wants to talk to you when you have games like he had against the Redskins and Vikings.

Wow

Bradly Chubb must not do anything else well except rush the passer. That dude has like 8 sacks already. I guess since he is a starter he has had way more opportunities.

Can't wait to get him back. Let him heal up fully for the playoffs.

Wow

Bradly Chubb must not do anything else well except rush the passer. That dude has like 8 sacks already. I guess since he is a starter he has had way more opportunities.

Can't wait to get him back. Let him heal up fully for the playoffs.

That’s probably why Davenport grade is higher. Chubb’s win percentage is likely much lower since he’s a starter. Davenport plays way fewer snaps and likely has won more of those snaps.

Heres a comparison between chubb and davenport

MD
Total Plays- 262
Defensive plays- 213
Sacks- 4
Sack percent per play- 1.9%
Pass deflections- 2
Forced Fumbles- 1
QB hits- 7
Tackles for loss- 5
Impact defensive play percent ( sacks/PD/FF/QBhits/TFL divided by def plays) -7%

BC
Total Plays- 464
Defensive plays- 461
Sacks- 8
Sack percent per play- 1.7%
Pass Deflections- 1
Forced Fumbles- 1
QB hits- 11
Tackles for loss- 9
Impact defensive play percent ( sacks/PD/FF/QBhits/TFL divided by def plays)- 6.5%

Based on these numbers I put together, Marcus Davenport is making more of an impact each snap played than Bradley Chubb. Keep in mind, Davenports numbers could be higher or lower if he had played the same number of snaps as Chubb. I think we did alright drafting him. What's scary is he's doing this and hasn't come close to hitting his ceiling compared to Chubb, who is much closer to his ceiling. Watch out NFL.

I love the fact that we’re going to get him back in time for the Panthers. He’s going to be a difference maker in the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom