Marcus Davenport possibly hurt (Edit: Reportedly out for the season) (1 Viewer)

So who fills in for Davenport and Rankins now? Those are two sets of really big cleats to fill along the D-line rotation. (expecting their IR announcements some time tomorrow)

Granderson, and Loewan could get called up... but they are fairly inexperienced, unrefined players.

Probably going to be a lot of DL workouts announced tomorrow.

Oh well. Lisfranc maybe?

Edit: just saw the Rankins comment. This sucks.

Well, that sucks. No putting lipstick on a pig with this one. It's a big loss. The D Line was my #1 reason of optimism for a run in January. Losing Davenport hurts. I'm glad we have depth on the line, but losing Davenport really hurts.

I pray the Rankins rumor is false too.

Suddenly, the Niners loss becomes even more painful if we lost the game AND Davenport, Cook, and Rankins for any substantial amount of time.

Well, that sucks. No putting lipstick on a pig with this one. It's a big loss. The D Line was my #1 reason of optimism for a run in January. Losing Davenport hurts. I'm glad we have depth on the line, but losing Davenport really hurts.

I pray the Rankins rumor is false too.

Suddenly, the Niners loss becomes even more painful if we lost the game AND Davenport, Cook, and Rankins for any substantial amount of time.

Yup. Further confirms my feeling from Sunday: that game killed our shot at a super bowl.

Luckily the Saints have a lot of defensive depth. Hopefully KIKO and A.J will be a full go by the TENNESSEE game. Looks like now getting to the Superbowl will be on the arm of Brees. Thank goodness N.O has a hall of fame and greatest passing Q.B of all-time. Otherwise this news would be even tougher to take

Oh well, a strength just became a weakness.

Less concerned about Rankins because he hasn't been much of a factor and we are loaded at DT.

But Davenport is a big loss. Hendrickson is injury prone as well and not near the same player. Granderson has talent as a late game, pin your ears back rusher, but he's not a starter.

At this point, just put everyone in bubble wrap. Screw it, we get one guaranteed home playoff game anyway. I'd rather be healthy and have to win two on the road to get to Miami than get HFA and be without our key soldiers.

Kidding..but not kidding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom