Marcus Davenport possibly hurt (Edit: Reportedly out for the season) (1 Viewer)

I think we are kinda built for this situation this year. Bringing in Edward's ,wes Horton's, and Granderson. Having shy Tuttle,onyamata and malcom brown. I believe that we will be just fine. To tell the truth. Hendrickson looked better than Davenport in the preseason to many people.

In preseason?? We are 12 games In season and Hendrickson hasn't unseated Davenport. So he won't provide the same run D or power rush... Not to mention his ability to leap on FG tries.

Which I wonder if that is where he initially injured himself.

That first page of tweets clearly say "Foot injury, not achilles" and people are saying "Yup, achilles" or "torn acl" The guy came back in and played still. Neither of those are you coming back in and playing.

End of season could just mean 3 more weeks.
That's what I thought as well until someone posted Rapaport, and Pellissero Twitter reports that he's expected to have Surgery on a "significant foot injury"

#Saints DE Marcus Davenport suffered a significant foot injury in Sunday’s loss to the #49ers, sources tell me and @RapSheet. He’s expected to undergo season-ending surgery. A big loss for that defense.

That first page of tweets clearly say "Foot injury, not achilles" and people are saying "Yup, achilles" or "torn acl" The guy came back in and played still. Neither of those are you coming back in and playing.

End of season could just mean 3 more weeks.
He's having surgery on his foot. We are talking months at a minimum.

In preseason?? We are 12 games In season and Hendrickson hasn't unseated Davenport. So he won't provide the same run D or power rush... Not to mention his ability to leap on FG tries.

Which I wonder if that is where he initially injured himself.
He got injured from all of the cut blocking the Niners use.

A birdie told me Davenport and Rankins are out for the year.
I've not found anything on Rankins being out for the year. All I could find is a post from Sunday that he injured his ankle and did not return.

He got injured from all of the cut blocking the Niners use.

I'm curious to know what he did. Ultimately from video I thought achilles. (happened just as he burst off the snap). But Underhill said not that... So then you have really only one serious foot injury... Liz franc. Plantar facitits I dont think they would term serious (altho u can have surgery to snip it)

All I know is that dude was rounding into form only to have this. Heart goes out to the young man and hope he can fully recover and get back to being a terror for opponents in 2020

Well this is part of the complex of reasons why it's tough to get emotionally invested anymore.

What's going to crush you?

Refs or injuries?

Just can't look forward very far.

Just texting with my wife about the news and the same outlook; pour yourself into following the team and it all comes down to injuries and trying to overcome lousy officiating. The previous two seasons were especially heartbreaking. Despite the relative success, it's getting harder to find the enjoyment in NFL football, instead, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Just texting with my wife about the news and the same outlook; pour yourself into following the team and it all comes down to injuries and trying to overcome lousy officiating. The previous two seasons were especially heartbreaking. Despite the relative success, it's getting harder to find the enjoyment in NFL football, instead, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Yep. I've enjoyed the last few seasons but it's hard to take another year of being so close but so far away. I think we can compete but I don't know if we can win it all without the d line being together. Let's hope for good news on Rankin's.

So true. This is where I’m at.

I don’t really enjoy games anymore. I enjoy the weeks after wins, listening to reviews and previews of the following week. But the games just aren’t fun for a variety of reasons (refs, injuries, penalties, inability to enjoy big plays because of waiting for penalties).

Getting closer and closer to being done.

This is really a bummer and his absence will be felt. Luckily, D line is our deepest unit and Ryan Nielsen is helluva coach. Next man up, all season long.

Hope he can recover and come back strong next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom