Marcus Davenport possibly hurt (Edit: Reportedly out for the season) (1 Viewer)

I wish him a speedy recovery. Health is important, especially for someone who struggles with depression. Get better, Marcus

Seen on Saintswire.com he is done for year and gonna have foot surgery. Saints hosted Shane Ray, Chris Smith and Noah Spence for a workout.

Yep. I've enjoyed the last few seasons but it's hard to take another year of being so close but so far away. I think we can compete but I don't know if we can win it all without the d line being together. Let's hope for good news on Rankin's.

As bad as it sounds, definitely still wishing for some good news. And I'll go through the whole mental process of hoping guys like Hendrickson and Granderson will step up and the team won't miss a beat.

The season isn't over, but in the wake of an already significant loss to SF, the road just got a lot tougher.

Davenport is such a talent but concern me from the beginning is his lower legs. He looks to have small calves with a tall frame. I don't know if he is flat foot or not but pushing a lot of power and weight on that foot and ankle will leads to injuries sometimes. But hope for a speedy recovery. It is disappointing though.

So true. This is where I’m at.

I don’t really enjoy games anymore. I enjoy the weeks after wins, listening to reviews and previews of the following week. But the games just aren’t fun for a variety of reasons (refs, injuries, penalties, inability to enjoy big plays because of waiting for penalties).

Getting closer and closer to being done.
Same here. The games aren't fun. Frankly, the games are hell. They are the absolute worst part. The best part is immediately following a win, knowing we didn't get screwed over.

Just texting with my wife about the news and the same outlook; pour yourself into following the team and it all comes down to injuries and trying to overcome lousy officiating. The previous two seasons were especially heartbreaking. Despite the relative success, it's getting harder to find the enjoyment in NFL football, instead, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Yes!

Well this is part of the complex of reasons why it's tough to get emotionally invested anymore.

What's going to crush you?

Refs or injuries?

Just can't look forward very far.

It could always be worse. Imagine if you were a fan who is emotionally invested in the Cowboys, Falcons, or Browns. Ugggh.

As bad as it sounds, definitely still wishing for some good news. And I'll go through the whole mental process of hoping guys like Hendrickson and Granderson will step up and the team won't miss a beat.

The season isn't over, but in the wake of an already significant loss to SF, the road just got a lot tougher.

Alright. I'm with you. In 2009 we lost Charles Grant and thought we wouldn't be able to pull it out. But we did. So let's see.

Just texting with my wife about the news and the same outlook; pour yourself into following the team and it all comes down to injuries and trying to overcome lousy officiating. The previous two seasons were especially heartbreaking. Despite the relative success, it's getting harder to find the enjoyment in NFL football, instead, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Unfortunately I feel the same way. I spend 4 hours in a constant state of agitation, with the focus on whether the yellow flag icon comes up after every play. I dont do that watching any other team play.

It could have been a simple apology, a firing of the officials, and legit change to the review process. And we got none of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom