Marcus Davenport possibly hurt (Edit: Reportedly out for the season) (1 Viewer)

We are not peaking at the right time in any facet, including health.

Not peaking at the right time in any facet? That's a gross overreaction considering the offense put up 46 points on the #1 defense AND the Special Teams were great.

The TEAM hasn't peaked yet in all phases in the same game. Every team deals with injuries this time of year. We don't have anymore this year than others. Maybe we have less.

If we start peaking into the post-season as a team that would be perfect.

Not peaking at the right time in any facet? That's a gross overreaction considering the offense put up 46 points on the #1 defense AND the Special Teams were great.

The TEAM hasn't peaked yet in all phases in the same game. Every team deals with injuries this time of year. We don't have anymore this year than others. Maybe we have less.

If we start peaking into the post-season as a team that would be perfect.
I wonder what the board was like when Brees was out for a period of time. I am disappointed as the next person but damn. I am entertain by the reaction to this news.

Alright. I'm with you. In 2009 we lost Charles Grant and thought we wouldn't be able to pull it out. But we did. So let's see.
True but in 2009 the team still had Bobby McCray who was a freakishly athletic pass rusher and also was a proven guy in the league.

I like Hendrickson but he's perpetually banged up as well, haven't been overly impressed with Mario Edwards in his limited snaps but he will have to step up... and Granderson is a huge unknown; and what is known about him is that he's green and will have to learn on the job now.

The guy retweeted someone like 10 hours ago. i would think he would stay away or have his people stay away from social media during a time like this. Also, i'll believe it when i hear it from payton.

Just texting with my wife about the news and the same outlook; pour yourself into following the team and it all comes down to injuries and trying to overcome lousy officiating. The previous two seasons were especially heartbreaking. Despite the relative success, it's getting harder to find the enjoyment in NFL football, instead, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
This x1000. It feels so exhausting sometimes. It’s tough to be optimistic or feel a lot of enthusiasm. I just feel like yeah we are going to the playoffs now What embarrassing disaster/career defining moment for the opposing team will we be a part of this season?

Our d line has a ton of depth this year... we will be just fine. May be a blessing in disguise to wake the defense and d line back up. Because they havent been the same since drew came back outside of the atl turkey day game. Whenever they are tested , they seem to respond well.

Same here. The games aren't fun. Frankly, the games are hell. They are the absolute worst part. The best part is immediately following a win, knowing we didn't get screwed over.
I'm glad other people feel this way. I tell myself every week that the complete stress for 3.5 hours every Sunday isn't worth it - and yet I continue to put myself through it week after week. And the games drain you for the rest of the day, so nothing productive gets done afterwards. Why do this to ourselves?

I loved watching games as a kid. I eagerly looked forward to them every week because it was only entertainment for me and nothing more. How did my younger self have much better perspective than my adult self?

There is a good chance Davenport was playing hurt which may have made him less effective. Lets get someone in there who is 100%. Hendrickson or play Mario Edwards at RDE. Another option is a 3 DT set with Cam Jordan. Jordan, Brown, Tuttle and Onmenyata or something like that.

I think we will be okay. Actually, glad it's not Cam Jordan.

Any update on Rankins? :confused:

Anyone inside the Saints confirm Davenport out for the season? All the reports I am reading site Nfl.com rapaport as the source for the info.

Anyone inside the Saints confirm Davenport out for the season? All the reports I am reading site Nfl.com rapaport as the source for the info.

I'll have to check. I just saw it on Nola.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom