Marcus Davenport Trade Talk: Saints Wire (1 Viewer)

Why even do that? For who? Unless a Minkah Fitzpatrick level player comes available who can come in right away and raise our level...why even trade a player on a rookie deal with that kind of potential?

lmao. Another reporter copying Coach Pete weeks after he tells what the Saints are doing.

The Saints put out feelers about a month ago on Davenport and got nothing serious to consider trading. The coaches were pleased with his first game. The gig with Davenport is injuries as we all know. The coaches were very happy to see the explosion off the right foot. They are guardedly optimistic about Davenport for the remainder of the season. Right now, the Saints do not plan on trading Davenport. The coaches are praying he stays healthy for the rest of the season.

lmao. Another reporter copying Coach Pete weeks after he tells what the Saints are doing.

The Saints put out feelers about a month ago on Davenport and got nothing serious to consider trading. The coaches were pleased with his first game. The gig with Davenport is injuries as we all know. The coaches were very happy to see the explosion off the right foot. They are guardedly optimistic about Davenport for the remainder of the season. Right now, the Saints do not plan on trading Davenport. The coaches are praying he stays healthy for the rest of the season.

So, let me get this straight.. You think that Gary Davenport of Bleacher Report included Marcus Davenport in a speculation article titled "One Player Who Should Be Traded from Every NFL Team" because of a Coach Pete thread that you created 3 weeks ago...? Lmao.

wouldn't he have to put in 6-7 straight games before another team would sniff that bait?

I hope that the Saints like Davenport and his injuries are behind him. But if they are concerned either about his personality or ability to stay healthy there may be some risk of waiting. But his stock is so low I just don’t think it’s worth the time. I’d be shocked if the Saints even got a 3rd rounder at this point. With that low of a return you have to just keep him and hope for the best.

We’re not trading Davenport , the defense is struggling why trade one of your most promising pieces ?

Hendrickson is coming on , Cam has been flat in the pass rush you’ve searched all offside to find 3 pass rushers , you finally have it and now you want to trade one not buying it . If anything. Maybe start to slide Cam inside not Henderickson and try to get him started, I believe Cam could put up numbers similar to 99 at the DT position with 2 dominant DEs on the outside and Rankins/ Omenyeta rotation .

So, let me get this straight.. You think that Gary Davenport of Bleacher Report included Marcus Davenport in a speculation article titled "One Player Who Should Be Traded from Every NFL Team" because of a Coach Pete thread that you created 3 weeks ago...? Lmao.
If someone posted they saw Marcus going into a Quiznos, I'm sure we'd hear about how Coach Pete 'broke the story first'.

Not trading Marcus 2 1st for less than 2 1st :D

let him finally play. we waited long enough

How can anyone be copying Coach Pete? Surely Coach Pete isn't publishing inside info anywhere or going and talking about it publicly. How would the SaintsWire writer know anything about Coach Pete?

He has so little trade value.

Might get a 4th if you lucky.

This. In fact a fourth would probably be the ceiling. He’s a former first round pick that can’t stay on the field. He’s flashed some ability but isn’t consistent. Most teams would probably be willing to give up a late Day Three pick in hopes he’d finally get healthy and a change of scenery might light a fire under his butt.

This. In fact a fourth would probably be the ceiling. He’s a former first round pick that can’t stay on the field. He’s flashed some ability but isn’t consistent. Most teams would probably be willing to give up a late Day Three pick in hopes he’d finally get healthy and a change of scenery might light a fire under his butt.
The only inconsistency I've seen is his health.

On the field he consistently applies pressure. He had 26 QB pressures in 13 games last year, ahead of the likes of Melvin Ingram, Jason Pierre-Paul and JJ Watt. In 2018 he had 17 pressures in 13 games, so he has actually improved in this area.

For context, 2.5-3.0 pressures per game puts you well inside the top 10 in the NFL. Cam had 49 in 16 games (6th overall).

In his first game back this year, Davenport had three pressures.

I'm not sure how much more consistent he could be, to be honest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom