Marcus Davenport Trade Talk: Saints Wire (1 Viewer)

He plays one game and the Dline finally shows up
Makes sense to trade him

Well...his value may be at its zenith. The Saints know Davenport...if they are concerned about his injury risk or mental health concerns and feel that they could get one over on another team...

Not saying that’s the case but he’s available and healthy...he at least has potential trade value now.

Speculation.

What's wrong with Saints Wire.
If I want fan opinions, speculation, and/or very little substance, I can read any thread on here and get that.

I’ve read enough articles between there and that “S.I.” op-ed that gets posted here ad nauseam to know that those articles generally aren’t worth clicking on. Once their game gets stepped up and start putting out articles that aren’t the same rumor mill, click baity topics like every other team has then maybe they’ll earn some of my clicks.

If I want fan opinions, speculation, and/or very little substance, I can read any thread on here and get that.

I’ve read enough articles between there and that “S.I.” op-ed that gets posted here ad nauseam to know that those articles generally aren’t worth clicking on. Once their game gets stepped up and start putting out articles that aren’t the same rumor mill, click baity topics like every other team has then maybe they’ll earn some of my clicks.
But if that was Underhill posting here would do the same? Or wait, you have to pay for it.

But if that was Underhill posting here would do the same? Or wait, you have to pay for it.
LMAO, Underhill has demonstrated countless times that his quality of reporting is actually worth the paywall. Name one other beat reporter that even after taking a job covering a different team, still had enough of a grasp on the Saints through their contacts that they were still considered the go-to source for anything Saints related, even over the “current” Saints beat reporters at that time. There aren’t any others.

What these sites trot out isn’t anywhere near the same universe, much less in it. If these sites can step their game up to his level and start putting out content like that, then I probably would click on it and maybe even pay for it. Until then, scroll... scroll... scroll.

LMAO, Underhill has demonstrated countless times that his quality of reporting is actually worth the paywall. Name one other beat reporter that even after taking a job covering a different team, still had enough of a grasp on the Saints through their contacts that they were still considered the go-to source for anything Saints related, even over the “current” Saints beat reporters at that time. There aren’t any others.

What these sites trot out isn’t anywhere near the same universe, much less in it. If these sites can step their game up to his level and start putting out content like that, then I probably would click on it and maybe even pay for it. Until then, scroll... scroll... scroll.
I get what you are saying but everybody cannot be Nick Underhill.

Well...his value may be at its zenith. The Saints know Davenport...if they are concerned about his injury risk or mental health concerns and feel that they could get one over on another team...

Not saying that’s the case but he’s available and healthy...he at least has potential trade value now.
wouldn't he have to put in 6-7 straight games before another team would sniff that bait?

Look, I can rattle off a few SaintsWire blog ideas right here.

- A team would be foolish to do it but: if the Saints could get three firsts for Drew Brees, Loomis has to at least listen to the offer.

- After missing four games, Michael Thomas is unlikely to surpass last season's record 149 catches. However, if Thomas averages 14 catches per game the rest of the way, he'll shatter his previous record.

- Cornerback Marshon Lattimore had seven interceptions through his first two NFL seasons. Deion Sanders had eight. Is Lattimore pretty much just as good as Neon Deion? Or is too soon to make the comparison?

There aren't any trade talks? It's criticizing the original Bleacher Report post.

If anyone “should” be traded on the D-line I think it would have to be Rankins. We already extended Onyamata, we have Tuttle and Roach who have shown good things, and Malcom Brown. We should try to get something for Rankins while we can because I don’t see us re-signing him this off-season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom