Marcus Mariota? (1 Viewer)

I would imagine so if you get sacked every damn time the ball gets hiked. Tennessee Online played like trash when Mariota was still the starter.
Tannehill did fine behind that same O-line? :unsure:

This notion that the Saints should go after Mariota because he had one game where he torched the 32nd ranked Defense is really illogical thinking.

That's the type of logic that made the Saints go after such coaches and players such as
Rex Ryan
Steven Spagnuolo
James Laurinaitis
Brandon Browner

Just because they had career games against the Saints in the past, not a sound way of bringing in Free agents..

I though I’d ask those who know more than me. Thanks.

First of all, nobody on here "knows" more than you. We all just think we do. :homer:

Mariota is 3 things you cannot be if you're an NFL quarterback.
Inconsistent, inacurate, and indecisive.

Other than that he's great.
In my mind he and the Bears' Trubisky are very similar.

But who knows. Maybe the right coach and the right system would turn him into a winner.
That hardly ever actually happens... but there's precedent. Ryan Tannehill for example.

And that was when the Saints set NFL records for their "historically" bad defenses.

Mariota was never Joe Burrow. Whatever he had in college never translated to the NFL.

You can't just simply coach skills into a player that they don't have and to the eye Mariota doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

Everything you just said could be said about Taysom.

Being here in Nashville, his rookie year I was a big believer in Mariota. He has lost all his confidence though and is just lost at this point... plus he can't stay healthy.

I think Taysom does everything Mariota can do and Taysom does it better.

You just described Garappolo, Derek Carr, Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff etc and they all make 25+ lol

Those guys are all much bigger gun slingers than Bridgewater.

Totally different styles of play.

Dude save the Mariota hate. He barely had a line that blocked for him with the exception of Taylor Lewan. And he's had how many different coaches? ? Exactly! MM8 had a perfect passer rating 4 TDs and left the game early in his rookie debut against Tampa. Y'all are so quick to judge from the outside looking in, a few of y'all were P'Oed about us giving up a pick for bridgewater. So just chill tf out.
What's his excuse now with Tannehill running the show? MM is an average at best QB.

I trust Payton to evaluate a QB over anyone in this board, so I see little reason to speculate. Payton will pick up who he thinks gives us the best chance to win

I'd sign Mariota in a heartbeat to be coached by SP and learn from Brees. SP's MO is to resurrect or develop raw QBs. There's something to be said about Mariota's calm demeanor. If he can realize that talent/potential he came in the league with, he is that athletic/mobile QB that everyone is looking for.

Pfft... I know of a future HOF that has been lighting it up since 2006 after being benched by his former team for Doug Flutie.
You are insulting Brees by comparing him to Mariota. You are blind if you think he can come here and light it up. Posters making excuses about his line and coaching changes etc. He sucked this year and Tannehill is a much better QB.

Let's bring in Cam Newton, Jamis Winston and any other garbage to kick the tires on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom