Marcus Mariota? (2 Viewers)

educator_71

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sticky Post
At one time he was considered a future star but then fizzled? Please don’t think I’m advocating for him but do you think with a change scenery he can show more and can possibly be a future for Saints? I have t followed him too much so I though I’d ask those who know more than me. Thanks.

Reaction score
For being very athletic he was horrible at working a pocket and extending plays. He could take designed runs but beyond that he couldn't create with his feet. That should have helped his poor pocket passing. I don't think you can fix that. To even be a good immobile pocket passer you need to read a pocket.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Bridgey is better than Mariota. I think this thread is about a new backup for Brees when Bridgey leaves to be a starter. That actually equates to “love for Teddy” IMO.
Exactly. This is a "what-if analysis" of Bridgewater or Brees leaving and the Saints not being able to draft a 1st round QB. Who do you get to fill in then? I would like to see what Payton could do with Mariota as a backup, he's still young and has some talent.

Now for some reason if we don't have either Brees or Bridgewater, then you better make sure you get a high QB pick. As we analyzed in another thread, there really isn't a starting quality QB that could be traded for at this point.

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Could Marcus Mariota revive his career in N.O.?
For those saying he's terrible, keep in mind that in his 5 years in Tenn, he had to deal with 3 new head coaching changes and 4 new offensive coordinators in that time span. I wonder if the stability of the Saints organization coupled with the genius of Sean Payton could "set him straight"?

Fozzyw3

Veteran
Reaction score
What about Andy Dalton? I believe he would do well with our weapons and genius of a coach.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
His problems are mental, he needs seasoning and a better team situation. He has a problem finding progressions but that takes a good teacher and OL. I've seen him hit 2-3 tight windows in a row, and he can do it on the run. Worth taking a look, he would make a great backup if nothing else.

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I like the idea.

He’s a mobile QB that can throw, just needs time to learn the system. Drew/ Payton are the best combo for turning him around

ChrisHansen

Veteran
Reaction score
At one time he was considered a future star but then fizzled? Please don’t think I’m advocating for him but do you think with a change scenery he can show more and can possibly be a future for Saints? I have t followed him too much so I though I’d ask those who know more than me. Thanks.

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So little love for Teddy on this board.
I don't think its a lack of love for Teddy. Think most of us figure there is now way we can keep Teddy. I Figure teddy will be a starter somewhere in the NFL next year. Only way we manage to keep Teddy is if Drew decides to retire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom