Marcus Peters fined for unnecessary roughness against TQS. (1 Viewer)

Isn't it funny how they won't admit things SHOULD have been a penalty on the field yet still get away with assessing fines later on? I mean, I know anything goes in the NFL world. But in the world of reality and logic, it can't be both.

Dont kill the messenger here, but I've been told the NFL referees are being bullied into making unwarranted calls by the Bountygate whistle blower.

Dont kill the messenger here, but I've been told the NFL referees are being bullied into making unwarranted calls by the Bountygate whistle blower.

Bullied how? They are union. They aren't doing anything they don't want to do.

And who is this whistle-blower that has that much power?

Last edited:
Vegas should start making odds for which blatant penalties won't be called vs the Saints. They'd have to start pretty low but they'd still stand to make some money.

Seems light for ripping off someone's helmet and punching them in the head.

I don't know if I would call it an altercation. It happened during the play while TQS was blocking. IMO it could also be a facemask penalty (which doesn't have to be to a ball carrier).

TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK
No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.
Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.
Penalty: For twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, or controlling the mask: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

I don't know if I would call it an altercation. It happened during the play while TQS was blocking. IMO it could also be a facemask penalty (which doesn't have to be to a ball carrier).

TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK
No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.
Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.
Penalty: For twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, or controlling the mask: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

Peters pushed TQS's face after he took his helmet off. My guess is that's what he's getting fined for. Peters is trending towards being a bigger punk than Steve Smith was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom