Marcus Trufant (1 Viewer)

Throw the bank at him...............that's all you can do is outbid everyone else, if that isn't enough then move on to the next guy.

Dam, i really thought he was going to slip under the radar, and we'd pick him up as a steal through FA, but with the way he played today, he's looking like Champ Bailey...

I don't know if Trufant staying a Seahawk is a LOCK...their going to have 9 million dollars in cap room.

Some free-agents for them are KEY ones. To name them....DJ Hackett (their most productive WR/playmaker who will want BIG money), Josh Brown (starting kicker and is top 5), Chuck Darby (depth at DT), Ellis Wyms (another DT), Sean Locklear (depth guy who was a starter), Floyd Womack (depth and also a starter, i think)...

So the Seahawks are going to be tied on many key players as a starter and backup.

There's hope! well i hope! :ezbill:

I think the hawks would rather spend money on talent rather than depth...

I think the hawks would rather spend money on talent rather than depth...

Losing a starter at kicker and WR. They've invested in CB by drafting 2 of them in each past draft.

And losing losing valuable depth at DT and OL, is hard to come by these days in the NFL.

I've posted this prior. Unless something has happened that I haven't heard, all indication was they were going to let Trufant test the free agent market. They have drafted Kelly Jennings, Josh Wilson and have Babineaux who played very good after switching to CB.

If they franchise him it will be to get trade value out of him. They have a lot of draft picks invested in young CB's.
Wilson didn't start this year, but did have a kick-off return for TD. that's already more than our returners.

We have room under the cap to sign him if we so desire, but the Saints aren't known for breaking the bank, just breaking the hearts of their fans.

I hope we don't go for another nickel back as feared by some, we are in dire need of a shut-down corner. McKenzie is not likely to be ready by the start of camp, and he's not getting any younger at any rate. That leaves us with a horrid secondary.

Why do the words Alex Molden and Je'rod Cherry keep popping into my mind?:covri:

i think the only way we're going to attract premium FAs is if we deal a 2nd to atlanta for d. hall and a 3rd to cincy for c. henderson... if we do that it would seem to give someone like trufant pause to consider playing the other corner opposite hall and would show someone like briggs that we are getting better faster on D... it would also allow us to draft a S like phillips instead of a CB... my personal wish is for the above to happen and for us to draft the ohio st. DE or the virginia DE (who won't be available)...

I don't know if Trufant staying a Seahawk is a LOCK...their going to have 9 million dollars in cap room.

Some free-agents for them are KEY ones. To name them....DJ Hackett (their most productive WR/playmaker who will want BIG money), Josh Brown (starting kicker and is top 5), Chuck Darby (depth at DT), Ellis Wyms (another DT), Sean Locklear (depth guy who was a starter), Floyd Womack (depth and also a starter, i think)...

So the Seahawks are going to be tied on many key players as a starter and backup.

There's hope! well i hope! :ezbill:

As quoting myself before, with the Seahawks only having 9 million in cap-room...

If the Seahawks decide to use the 'franchise tag' on Trufant, it will eat their cap room entirely...the price for a CB with a franchise tag is 9.2 million.

And for some reason, I have a good feeling if Tru hits the market, we will sign him. Payton/Loomis knows we need a vet CB and Tru won't command alot of money unlike Samuels. Also remember how Drew/Payton talked about not throwing it towards Tru's side of the field (so they must notice him if hits the market) when we played the Seahawks?

Last edited:
its already been said in this forum, but since he is from Tacoma, went to WSU and now plays for the Hawks..i see no way he will leave the seattle area. He has many foundations set up there, and does alot for his hometown and community. He would most likely take less to stay there....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom