Marcus Williams is the worst free safety in the NFL (1 Viewer)

I said in after Niner game if we are depending on are safety as last line we are screwed dude doesn’t know how to tackle or even take proper angles to tackle

I said in after Niner game if we are depending on are safety as last line we are screwed dude doesn’t know how to tackle or even take proper angles to tackle
Exactly.

On the first TD he got picked by a receiver

How does a deep free safety create his own pick to slow himself down?

And of course he followed a receiver into the endzone yet again.

He has a groin injury. Questionable to return. I believe PJ Williams is playing safety, now.

All I can say is that since we've drafted him in the 2nd in 2017 we've used 3 of our very few draft picks to select 3 more safeties (5th, 6th & 7th). IDK but that doesn't seem like a ringing endorsement especially when we needed WR's, TE's, & OL depth. That is a lot of draft capital considering.

Tackling is a key quality in determining a safety. If he is dead poor in that, I consider him to be a bad safety.
And he's certainly not a great coverage safety with as many times as we have seen him trailing receivers into the endzone. People look at the interceptions and equate that to something it's not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom