Marcus Williams was so bad (1 Viewer)

He cannot be on the field when it’s the last play of the game. You just cannot have him out there. He is an accident waiting to happen.
The experiment needs to be done.

But to be fair.

Allen is calling the alignment and responsibilities and those have been flawed too and not putting the right players in the right places in key situations.

Can we count up the number of times in Allen's tenure we have given up the end zone or points with about a minute left and a team starting from their own 25? Sometimes with no TOs?

It's a thing Allen has a knack for...giving up the endzone with a minute or less left.

Last edited:
If 22 makes the tackle, the facemask never happens.
Yes...But Gardner-Johnson was too far off Kittle. You know Kittle is his big target on a 4th and 2. Why aren't you playing up tighter on him from the start of the play? By the time the catch was made, he was too far off him to make the diving tackle on the larger TE.

yea, it was just a bad game all around for the defense. I didn't get to watch, but it didn't sound like our D-line wasn't very disruptive today either.

D line wasn’t horrible. Our secondary was terrible and having Kline and Alonzo out was not good and it showed. Robertson was hit or miss.

Seemed like they stole our playbook and beat us over the head with it.

I’m sorry but Williams is bad at safety he can’t tackle he never has
If you want your safety to stop the deep ball and play center field, he’s the leagues best, hands down. If you want him to come downfield and make a tackle, well, he's terrible.

The experiment needs to be done.

But to be fair.

Allen is calling the alignment and responsibilities and those have been flawed to and not putting the right players in the right places in key situations.

Can we count up the number of times in Allen's tenure we have given up the end zone or points with about a minute left and a team starting from their own 25? Sometimes with no TOs?

It's a thing Allen has a knack for...giving up the endzone with a minute or less left.
I think I tend to agree with this. How many times has it been 3rd and a mile and the offense gets a 1.1 miles and a first down? A bunch! I kinda like Marcus but he just can’t be on the field in those situations. I’m sure his head is way messed up now.

I havent seen such a poor performance from a secondary member like he had today since Jason David. Apple wasn't much better.

In big games hes a walking Minnesota Miracle. Doesnt have it in himself.
But the idiots at PFF tell us he’s great.

Whoa. I don’t think he’s a clutch playmaker myself but human air bad? Jason David bad? Ouch lol.

Outside of the Minnesota Miracle playoff game, this was the worst game of Williams' career. The deep touchdown catch to Sanders where he couldn't judge the ball and fell all over himself was embarrassing. But not as embarrassing as the game winning Kittle catch and run. He also whiffed a couple of times on tackles this game and has done that a bunch the past few weeks. I was a fan of his in the draft and was excited when we got him. During his rookie season, I thought we finally found our foundational free safety. I felt bad for him after the Minnesota game, I was proud of the way the city rallied around him and I liked the way he responded to the adversity in interviews. I still wanted to believe in him last year and this year. But in the end, he had a mediocre year last year and after starting out okay this year, he's been bad the past few weeks and was putrid today. If he is anywhere near a game defining play, it's going to end poorly. He's the last line of defense, he needs to make these tackles, he needs to make these plays. I never thought I would prefer Vonn Bell and his one career interception over Williams but it's happened. I'm sick of seeing him on the field. I hope we move on after the season.

just seems like the last few games the entire secondary doesnt want to tackle anyone. every reception made they all stare at each other like the other player is going to make the tackle and end up all looking like fools.

Gardener Johnson was the man beat on tht play

Kittle detailed it in his post game interview. He basically said GJ took an inside position which made his choice to go outside an easy one. He complemented GJ as a really good matchup that he enjoyed competing against all game. fwiw, he also said the dome was the best environment he had ever played in, saying the fans were amazing and the atmosphere insane.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom