Marcus Williams... (1 Viewer)

Saintssation

Banned
Reaction score
Habitually negative or inflammatory conduct deemed to be detrimental to the community.
There's no other way to say it. This dude is a liability out there. Anyone else feel as though his play has declined? He may get the Ken Crawley treatment next season.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been waiting for his moment for a long time. His arrival as a dominant force was over-sold,

Lately the thing you notice more are gaffes not positive plays. But overall the defense has been good so he must be doing something right. He's just having consistent/periodic lapses that weigh on perception, relative the expectation of being the next Ed Reed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Saintssation

Banned
Reaction score
Getting real fed up with posters giving me a dead bird symbol instead of actually arguing why my point isn't correct.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Getting real fed up with posters giving me a dead bird symbol instead of actually arguing why my point isn't correct.
They just don't like negativity even when it's warranted.

The word liability is the exact word I used to describe him after the 49 yard pass play to the tight end in which Williams once again was nowhere to be found on the back end of the defense. We play a lot of single high safety and he simply fails to do his job time and time again this season.

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
3rd season can be a break out season, 2nd can be a set back year

Latte isn’t what he was last year , Rankins is much better this year and David O also seems better - Vonn Bell another that is better

Always willing to find better players , we will be limited in this draft as it stands now , FA safeties haven’t panned out well here

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, for starters we are 13-2 team with dome field throughout the playoffs. And while in year 2 he isn't an all pro I dont see your point? Liability would indicate that teams are exposing him. What exactly are his liabilities that are standing out to you so we can respond? You really haven't said anything other than to compare him to a player who doesnt even play his position?

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It’s hard to say.
I certainly don’t know football like the coaches who truly knows roles and responsibilities....but I do know it very well as a couch fan that has intently watched for 40 years.

So in my “non coach” opinion......he plays single high and rarely ever seems to make plays.

The great roaming safeties back in the day seemed to be everywhere on every play. MW seems to be invisible.

Again, the coaches know so much more than I do.
And they keep playing him. And the D is REAL!!!

But he sure does seem non existent compared to great safeties over the years who made plays left and right.

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score
You’ll get a dead bird symbol until you prove your point. Making blanket statements is easy to do. All you’re doing is arguing your side by making a hasty generalization. You want to sway people, you have to give them facts.

Maybe he just didn’t live up to YOUR expectations. We have no clue what his role is on the defense on each play, so we can’t say if he’s underperforming. Our D as a whole is coming on and that’s all that can be said at this time.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hmmm. Defense was playing so well before yesterday. I am pretty sure he is part of the reason why the defense is good now. Can't understand why you call out one guy based on yesterday game when there were many others on that defense that didn't play well. Question: Why didn't you call him or anyone out for the past 6 weeks when the defense was playing so well?

superstar7th

Rookie
Reaction score
It's fairly simple why we don't see 43 make as many plays . We have him out of position playing single safety high. Same garbage we did with jarius Byrd. Instead of allowing him to roam like last year with another safety up top he has to cover whole field and that's not his strength.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)