Marcus Williams... (1 Viewer)

Saintssation

Banned
Reaction score
Habitually negative or inflammatory conduct deemed to be detrimental to the community.
Sticky Post
There's no other way to say it. This dude is a liability out there. Anyone else feel as though his play has declined? He may get the Ken Crawley treatment next season.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Getting real fed up with posters giving me a dead bird symbol instead of actually arguing why my point isn't correct.
We are 13-2. Have sealed homefield advantage. Our defense has been playing really well. And you have zero stats to support your opinion. Either support your claim, or people will continue to believe you are a negative troll.

Last edited:

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Defense was playing so well before yesterday. I am pretty sure he is part of the reason why the defense is good now. Can't understand why you call out one guy based on yesterday game when there were many others on that defense that didn't play well. Question: Why didn't you call him or anyone out for the past 6 weeks when the defense was playing so well?
Despite the score, the defense still played pretty well yesterday. There were a couple busted plays. But we are talking about one of the best WR duos in the league and Ben is still a top tier QB that us extremely hard to take down.

efil4stnias

ppfffffttttt
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There's no other way to say it. This dude is a liability out there. Anyone else feel as though his play has declined? He may get the Ken Crawley treatment next season.
So you want conversation yet provide no examples of why he is a liability.

Want discussion, discuss what exactly he has been doing to deserve this thread.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just embrace them. The more the merrier. It usually means you’ve made a valid point.
What valid point did he make? I am still waiting for something. Help the OP out a little here. In fact help us out by trying to understand what factual information he can provide to back up his claim.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What valid point did he make? I am still waiting for something. Help the OP out a little here. In fact help us out by trying to understand what factual information he can provide to back up his claim.
I agree with you that he should provide more evidence to back up his claims, but even without it, just from watching the games we can see MW hasn’t been anything great. I like the kid and think he has talent, but Kurt Coleman got a lot of stick early in the season so it’s only fair with MW also.

Sumdude34

All-Pro
Reaction score
They just don't like negativity even when it's warranted.

The word liability is the exact word I used to describe him after the 49 yard pass play to the tight end in which Williams once again was nowhere to be found on the back end of the defense. We play a lot of single high safety and he simply fails to do his job time and time again this season.
That was not on Williams. He was slightly shading over to AB and JuJu. You have to expect that a starting corner wont fall down and get beat like a drum by an average at best tight end. You leave him on an island as a saftey. I was actually impressed by the fact that he was able to help save a TD. That was all on Apple.

zubaloo

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I saw him make a couple of really good tackles when nobody else was around. I saw a couple of blown coverages leaving opponents wide open, but don't know if that was his assignment. I did note that their best receivers did not produce, especially not with the game on the line in the fourth quarter while they were holding the lead and first downs and points would have put the game away. To me, that means that Williams and the other defensive backs did their job by getting off the field and letting our offense retake the lead and win the game.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Despite the score, the defense still played pretty well yesterday. There were a couple busted plays. But we are talking about one of the best WR duos in the league and Ben is still a top tier QB that us extremely hard to take down.
Yesterday, they played well enough when it counted, especially towards the end. I will give them that. But I will say the defensive line didn't play well at all yesterday. I didn't think they pressured him enough. They allowed him to escape too many time.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like the defensive scheme we played against the Steelers. Too much zone. I would have liked to have seen press man with two safeties over the top. Pittsburgh ate our lunch in zone. I don't blame Williams for Dennis Allen's scheme in that game. And Allen didn't adjust. We were very fortunate to come up with some timely turnovers, or else we would have lost that game.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, they played well enough when it counted, especially towards the end. I will give them that. But I will say the defensive line didn't play well at all yesterday. I didn't think they pressured him enough. They allowed him to escape too many time.
I didn’t get to watch the game. I listened to the WWL radio broadcast. According to Zach, Ben was mostly escaping by rolling out. That’s not so much a pass rush issue. That’s a good way to negate a pass rush. In order to do that, though, you have to have a QB who can throw on the run. Ben is decent at it.

Reaction score
I agree. Steelers are at the top in total/passing yds. They threw 50 times in that game and whenever you got 2 ones at wr they gonna make it happen. Coming into that game juju had more catches and yards then AB. It wasn’t pretty on paper but I think we faired well considering they are a top notch offensive team {most games haha}

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)