Marcus Williams... (1 Viewer)

Saintssation

Banned
Reaction score
Habitually negative or inflammatory conduct deemed to be detrimental to the community.
Sticky Post
There's no other way to say it. This dude is a liability out there. Anyone else feel as though his play has declined? He may get the Ken Crawley treatment next season.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Getting real fed up with posters giving me a dead bird symbol instead of actually arguing why my point isn't correct.
Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Provide some concrete justification for your opinion in the OP apart from 'feelings' and then you'll have something to complain about.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s hard to say.
I certainly don’t know football like the coaches who truly knows roles and responsibilities....but I do know it very well as a couch fan that has intently watched for 40 years.

So in my “non coach” opinion......he plays single high and rarely ever seems to make plays.

The great roaming safeties back in the day seemed to be everywhere on every play. MW seems to be invisible.

Again, the coaches know so much more than I do.
And they keep playing him. And the D is REAL!!!

But he sure does seem non existent compared to great safeties over the years who made plays left and right.
Is it really fair to be comparing a second year player to the great Safeties of the past? Of course he isn't Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu or Ronnie Lott or Brian Dawkins, but few are. Most Safeties are just your run of the mill, regular, NFL starter. Some are above average and some are below average but very few are truly great.

Obviously it would be great if Williams was an All Pro but if he's just an average starter then I can live with that.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hold up... Did you not agree with the OP that he is a liability?

Because a liability is not the same as "anything but great".

Say what you mean... Mean what you say.
I don’t agree that he has a a full blown liability because he has talent. But I believe there’s been more than a handful of times where he has been responsible for us struggling against the pass.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Getting real fed up with posters giving me a dead bird symbol instead of actually arguing why my point isn't correct.
A bunch of us tried to give you a pass on what was your 1st post that got flamed pretty harshly. This is another extremely negative thread posted right after a great Saints HFA season. You will get incessantly flamed for these types of posts. These are "attention" type posts and they will get some hostile responses.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That was a really good passing offense, and Ben's ability to extend plays is scary with his size. I don't think our secondary had a good game yesterday, so pointing to one player is unjustified.

Last edited:

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There's no other way to say it. This dude is a liability out there. Anyone else feel as though his play has declined? He may get the Ken Crawley treatment next season.
You have two of the worst threads I’ve ever seen. Saying Marcus Williams is a liability and Sean Payton is stressed out when he had the most fun in a post game celebration I’ve ever seen a coach have. Are you a blogger for Yahoo by chance?

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok list them and we can discuss
There’s nothing to discuss. I’m not stating Marcus williams at all. Nor am I calling him a full blown liability. I’m just saying there’s been several times this season where he’s been exploited. If you have been watching the games then I should have to pin point you the occasions. He’s also made some very good plays. It works both ways.

OP
OP

Saintssation

Banned
Reaction score
You have two of the worst threads I’ve ever seen. Saying Marcus Williams is a liability and Sean Payton is stressed out when he had the most fun in a post game celebration I’ve ever seen a coach have. Are you a blogger for Yahoo by chance?
I'm a Falcons & Saints fan. Been a stressful and enjoyable year simultaneously.
I'm a Falcons & Saints fan.

NeedforSnead

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm a Falcons & Saints fan. Been a stressful and enjoyable year simultaneously.

I'm a Falcons & Saints fan.
What in the world? Thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen. I can understand occasionally watching an AFC team that you enjoy but this is hilarious.

As for Marcus Williams I think a lot of us set the bar at an all-pro year. He has clearly undershot that but he has not been a liability. Its just wierd to me that he worked so hard all offseason but the instinct isnt there yet.

bigdog

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're not making a point. To make a point you have to give evidence to back up a statement, which is something you haven't done here. At least argue why you think you have a point. All you're doing is throwing out a harsh statement against a player for shock value.

blotch1

All-Pro
Reaction score
Steelers have the 4th ranked offense in the league with a great set of WRs and a probable hall-of-fame QB. We held them below their season average in points and won the game.

Bayareasaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
So why didn’t you just start a thread and list all the Saints players you don’t like. I literally just read your last one about Ben Watson. Should I wait for the Lutz just isn’t clutch to be next??

Why do so many people dwell on the negative instead of enjoy what might be a magical season?? Why do sports fans tend to swing toward the negative narrative??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Twitter

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom