Marcus Williams (1 Viewer)

Williams struggles are mostly due to scheme. On that last TD to Stills Allen decided to play a weird coverage to try to bracket Hopkins and Williams ended up having to come down to the crossing TE leaving the middle of the field wide open.. with PJ in one on one with Stills.

If that wasn't the playcall then Williams messed that up, but I can't imagine he would willingly give up his deep 3rd in a prevent situation.

Allen's playcalling in the final 2 min of games need to improve or we are not winning a title this year. He has been bad at this for a while. Brees and Lutz bailed him out.

The play before that to Hopkins was 100% a cover two. He gave up his half to bite toward Von Bell. You just can't do that.

He whiffed on a tackle and happened to whiff in an infamously similar way. The he needs to improve his technique and shadow Eli cus man everyone seems to make sports center on his watch

I really think this is alot of it. It isnt so much that he missed the tackle,its more that he completely whiffed in a manner that looked almost exactly like the "other" whif.

Marcus Williams can improve his tackling technique, that's true. But, you need to give him his props. We were losing 3-14 at halftime. Somebody needed to step up and make a momentum changing play and that was Marcus Williams with the 3rd quarter INT. He was in great position to make that play and he did it. That changed the complexion of the whole game and gave the Saints offense the momentum they needed to take charge.

Many also forget that with the Minny Miracle game that it was Marcus Williams that earlier made the momentum changing INT that turned that game completely around. Yes, in the end his mistake cost us dearly, but we would have been toast much earlier without that INT.

Go review some Saints film of Tebucky Jones and then tell me how bad Marcus William is.

I'm not saying he's bad. Just that he made some mental mistakes that lead to the two biggest TD's.
The last one was honestly all on PJ, but Williams still should have stayed in high safety position, he could have made a difference.
Everyone on the defense made some mental errors so it's definitely not all on him.

Also worth noting: the one TD that Latt did give up, he had an interception the play before that got called back due to Loewen jumping off-sides.

I'm not saying he's bad. Just that he made some mental mistakes that lead to the two biggest TD's.
The last one was honestly all on PJ, but Williams still should have stayed in high safety position, he could have made a difference.
Everyone on the defense made some mental errors so it's definitely not all on him.

Also worth noting: the one TD that Latt did give up, he had an interception the play before that got called back due to Loewen jumping off-sides.

Yes, it seems he should have been in high safety but that might have been a scheme issue. Also, I was wondering if he was fully healthy after coming off the field earlier in the game. He should have been over the top of Hopkins with Latt trailing on the deep pass just before the last TD, but Hopkins was on fire most of the night.

I kind of discounted Latt's INT on the Loewen off sides. Watson saw that off sides and flag clear as day and decided to make a chance throw knowing he couldn't lose. I don't think Watson throws that pass otherwise.

People have unrealistic expectations. I think a lot of Saints fans are just spoiled. We are looking at and reacting harshly about which DE is our rightful 2nd because one had an indeterminate number of draft picks used to get him and he other didn’t.

Talking about a lack of depth at WR because of who we wanted as our 5th WR to be inactive.

We have things pretty good compared to other teams.
Yes
Draft picks that could have been used in addition!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom