Mardi Gras 2021 (Parades, Some Krewes going Virtual) Not Happening! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
Sorry folks

Parades of any kind will not be permitted this year because large gatherings have proven to be super spreader events of the COVID-19 virus," the FAQ titled “Mardi Gras 2021 FAQs.”
You might find better luck in Jefferson Parish for Mardi Gras in 2021.

Update:

Last edited:
OP
Reaction score
She's now crawfishing.... She doesn't want to be the ***** who canceled Mardi Gras and wants to put the blame on the krewe captains for not wanting to following the regulations... She would rather throw them under the bus than make her look like the bad guy...

Cancelation by proxy...

I don’t think it will happen. She already gave strict rules for the Mardi Gras balls which includes no buffets or dancing. You also need to go home at 1100 pm.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
She's now crawfishing.... She doesn't want to be the ***** who canceled Mardi Gras and wants to put the blame on the krewe captains for not wanting to following the regulations... She would rather throw them under the bus than make her look like the bad guy...

Cancelation by proxy...

This is hilarious.. So some people think LaToya is trying to ‘save face’ or something? Literally NO MATTER what she does, or doesnt do, ignoramuses will continue to refer to her as “Destroya” and criticize every single thing she does.. Whatever happens with MG 2021 will have zero effect on what people think of her.. I personally didnt vote for her, but to me it’s silly to see how people in the NOLA metro blame her for EVERYTHING.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is hilarious.. So some people think LaToya is trying to ‘save face’ or something? Literally NO MATTER what she does, or doesnt do, ignoramuses will continue to refer to her as “Destroya” and criticize every single thing she does.. Whatever happens with MG 2021 will have zero effect on what people think of her.. I personally didnt vote for her, but to me it’s silly to see how people in the NOLA metro blame her for EVERYTHING.
Yeah, she deserves plenty of criticism, but geez, people need to give it rest.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Veterans Blvd has Egg Roll House. Seriously have you seen the road construction on Severn by Lakeside and Veterans. What a mess. They going to get that fixed up anytime soon? It looks like one of those NOLA S&WB 10 year projects.
I have not seen it. I avoid Veterans from Causeway to Transcontinental whenever possible.

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If she's crawfishing and saying it isn't canceled, that's probably worse. Just go ahead and cancel it and let them make alternate plans. These things are planned many months in advance. With things being murky at best in terms of the virus, just make a decision and move on.

Did you not see the new regulations that krewes were required to follow?

They're pretty much impossible for any krewe to adhere to and pull off a parade. Why come up with something so ridiculous and impossible to pull off and not just cancel anyway.

You think Endymion or Bacchus could pull off riders being 6' apart....?

Last edited:
OP
Reaction score
Agree. I don’t agree on a lot of her policies but she is right . Public safety comes first.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you not see the new regulations that krewes were required to follow?

They're pretty much impossible for any krewe to adhere to and pull off a parade. Why come up with something so ridiculous and impossible to pull off and not just cancel anyway.

You think Endymion can pull off riders being 6' apart....?

Preaching to the choir. Just cancel it already. None of the rest of it matters anyway. The griping and moaning about her still over the top though.

OP
Reaction score
If you want to know how New York is handling the Thanksgiving parade. It‘s a virtual audience this year. No live audience.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
She brought a lot of this on herself today by slipping the "No Parades in 2021!" on the city's website before making any sort of announcement or communication with the krewes finalizing the decision (technically she gave them until Dec to decide what they were going to do - so much for that).

Everything that followed that was damage control because she bungled the rollout of the message.

Doesn't change the substance of the policies but like most everything else she does it happened without any input or cooperation or attempts to reach a middle ground.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
She brought a lot of this on herself today by slipping the "No Parades in 2021!" on the city's website before making any sort of announcement or communication with the krewes finalizing the decision (technically she gave them until Dec to decide what they were going to do - so much for that).

Everything that followed that was damage control because she bungled the rollout of the message.

Doesn't change the substance of the policies but like most everything else she does it happened without any input or cooperation or attempts to reach a middle ground.
Yeah, putting out the word that parades are cancelled on the city website and then trying to walk it back is not a good look. And then she was at a press conference with Cedric Richmond when the cancellation notice was put on the website. It makes me wonder if someone didn't jump the gun on putting that on the website. I would have thought that she would have either wanted to come out in front of this with support from Dr. Avegno for why she was doing it or been able to decide if she wanted to comment on it or not. Being at a press conference with Cedric Richmond talking about people running for his seat in Congress seems like an odd place for her to be when this was posted on the website.

Either way, it's poor management and looks pretty sloppy and unorganized on the Mayor's part.

whodatbe

Kenner Brah!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I ride in Endymion, and I don't believe it's happening. What it sounds like is, Latoya is saying the city has a plan but the krewes aren't agreeing to it, so no mardi gras so don't blame me. I feel like we should probably take a year off anyways. One of my favorite parts about riding is just seeing the sea of people. I'm willing to sacrifice my ride just to get those crowds back safely.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
thats the "risk" any elected official takes. from small town mayor to president. cant please everyone, so the other half will always complain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)