Mardi Gras 2021 (Parades, Some Krewes going Virtual) Not Happening! (1 Viewer)

but when?
if we don't know when the virus is under control, what sense does it make in rescheduling?

I don’t know. I’d talk to the Krewes to see if they were even interested in doing it in Sept or Oct. They maybe wouldn’t be, in which case I’d cancel the parades. I’d at least have discussions about it first though.

It's on in Mobile.

I don’t know. I’d talk to the Krewes to see if they were even interested in doing it in Sept or Oct. They maybe wouldn’t be, in which case I’d cancel the parades. I’d at least have discussions about it first though.

I know many of them are interested (especially the bigger ones and/or those for whom running the parade is a profitable enterprise). It should be a no-brainer for the city as well, but, we will see. Since the announcement was made yesterday I've heard the krewes all left the last planning meeting with the feeling the mayor wanted them to cancel without her having to do it, but nothing had been decided. The mayor was still talking about police OT costs, etc.

Either she changed her mind or some flunky at city hall jumped the gun on posting it to the web and she felt she had to defend it and act like it was the plan all along. "I mean to to do that!" (I'm assuming the latter but the former is also possible). And so of course now the krewes feel burned and trust her even less than before.

She is very bad at the parts of her job that require working with anyone outside her inner circle.

Schools are in session on the northshore for Mardi Gras this year. Reason COVID delays and Hurricanes.

Ugh.. i dont have kids in the St Tammany Parish school system, but my niece and nephew are.. to me, it just seems like rubbing salt in the wound to have school during Mardi Gras week.. it’s bad enough that the kids wont be able to experience a traditional MG, but then to have to go to school (assuming they can even have it)?? If i were a kid i would riot.

I realize there is a political element to this, but the snarky comments and broader political commentary are not appropriate here. Continuing those posts will result in posts being deleted and posters being banned from the thread.

Thanks...carry on.

It is truly unfortunate that present circumstances prohibit the Krewe of Endymion from presenting the full Endymion Experience of a Coronation Ball, Parade and Extravaganza for the membership of our Krewe, their families and the people of the Greater New Orleans area.​

Accordingly, we must cancel all plans for our 2021 events and look forward to returning to our spectacular Endymion events for the 2022 Mardi Gras season.

All membership dues and product orders paid to date will be held and applied to the 2022 parade.

If you know of anyone interested in joining Endymion for the 2022 season, please do not hesitate to send in an application and it will be processed in a timely manner.

Stay safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you in 2022.

HAIL ENDYMION!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom