Mardi Gras Parade Opinions Wanted (1 Viewer)

I would say that every parade outside of Krewe du Vieux is family friendly. It all depends on where you stand. So maybe info on different areas of the route would be cool. For instance - on Mardi Gras day there is a church on St. Charles close to Napoleon that has the cleanest port-o-pottys in the world and only charges around ~$10 to pee all day. That area also happens to have reasonably thin crowds and is quite family friendly. People without kids might want to know the best bars to hang at on the parade route.

Also, # of hours/days early you need to get to the parade route to get a good view would be helpful. I imagine a Mardi Gras newbie who showed up an hour before Bacchus/Endymion with one chair and a small cooler would be slightly dissapointed with their sight line.

As kids we used to go see all the Metairie parades on Bonnabel. We stood in the neutral ground across from the "Mardi Gras Tree". Which isnt very far from vets. The parade went down one side and up the other side of Bonnabel so you got to see it twice! As an kid having floats going up one side and down another at the same time was about as close to heaven as you could get. Very very safe. Full of families.

This is the exact type of stuff I want to compile in a single place. Great stuff, jason and GhostSaint.

Bahaha I'll ruin decades of cliquey in-the-know stuff, eh? My problem is I've got no one who is in the know anymore. Everybody I used to parade with as a kid is either dead or just "over it".

I'm in Nyx. We roll the Wednesday before. It's only our second year but it should be a great parade. Everyone I talked to who went last year said they caught more at our parade than all the other ones they went to combined. We throw a ton. I guess it's the enthusiasm of youth.

Bahaha I'll ruin decades of cliquey in-the-know stuff, eh? My problem is I've got no one who is in the know anymore. Everybody I used to parade with as a kid is either dead or just "over it".

as soon as you declare the best secret bathroom - it will be instantly the worst :covri:

just giving a hard time.

If anyone is in to nerdy stuff, you have to check out Chewbacchus next year. Awesome parade, and the route through the Marigny is tons of fun.

I'm in Nyx. We roll the Wednesday before. It's only our second year but it should be a great parade. Everyone I talked to who went last year said they caught more at our parade than all the other ones they went to combined. We throw a ton. I guess it's the enthusiasm of youth.

Doesn't hurt that Fleurty Girl is the Grand Marshall / Goddess this year. She was looking quite yummy in her dress for the ball.

Okay, so I'm excited to say I've taken your advice and we're confirmed for Babylon, Chaos, and Muses on Thursday the 7th! Taking into account everyone's advice (and the fact we want to see all 3 parades and not just Muses) we're going to position ourselves as close to the pushoff as possible (particularly since we'll have a 3 y/o with us). I've never been to that area to watch a parade as I've always watched along St. Charles, so here's hoping it's not too challenging to park and find a spot. Any thoughts as to what time I should be there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom