Votes: 23 3.2%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 43 6.1%

• Total voters

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Figured I'd go ahead and post a poll and see how you guys and gals feel about cannabis. I myself haven't smoked it too much, but before I enlisted I partook maybe 5-10 times. I personally didn't enjoy the high too much, but the pain relief was amazing.

I've been on a few big pain killers throughout my day for issues related to service. They all make me feel too high, numb, and are very addictive. Marijuana has been a pain reliever that I've recently enjoyed. It has made me feel better than the pills. Those "legal" pills are addictive as ****, and have led to more problems than I'd like. After a long days work I personally would prefer smoking and going to sleep than drinking and taking these pain pills.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on marijuana? Should it be legal, medically only, or stay illegal?

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on. Hear some rumblings about Coca Cola investing now that the beer company did. Anyway, pleasant surprise when I checked.

AURORA CANNABIS INC +$0.83 (10.86%)
CANNABIS SATIVA INC +$2.93 (56.56%)

Overall making some money now. Just gonna hold long term and hope for a nice run tho.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, Mass shops will open any week now. Ri had approved dispensaries before Mass, yet predictable political squabbling delayed matters in RI.

I'm now wondering how many people will bother with state sanctioned shops when weed was already perhaps a $50 ticket up to an oz, and I think 6 plants per home for years

My informal survey suggests that most up here will avoid long outdoor lines and driving during the teens and snow weather, and simply continue texting in code their known dealers for 24/7 delivery of that good good..

Yet, it seems that Colorado's business is thriving. I'm unfamiliar with their pre-market civic code, though....

I've noticed signs popping up on bus stop benches and whatnot warning to keep those weed-infused lollipops and brownies away from children, so we're well on our way here on Ri.

Always late, yet still on time is our motto...
I may possibly grow my own, but I know most people have switched over to dispensaries because the quality and reputation. Yeah you still have the people who stick with the dealers, but when you can walk down to get your organic bud that has its own pedigree from seed to grower to store and every step in between why deal with the element of the criminal nature? I mean the dispensaries are so regulated for quality, then a great many are owned by lifelong guys who know more about weed than Sean Payton knows about the passing game, why mess around?

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also as potentially I may have found if I were actually growing a plant or two, it’s a high maintenance pain. To really get nice bud I’ve had to talk to my friend, if I had one of course, in Colorado who grows for a distributor. Average weed is easy to grow, but good weed between growing, nutrients, light, humidity, then harvesting and letting it dry and age perfectly is a royal pain so I have heard. So, while perfectly capable of growing, I’d be more likely if I wasn’t interested potentially to just take my cash and head down to the local shop which is .43 miles away and just enjoy. But I will maybe definitely try it again next year as I don’t think I did well enough, if of course I did such a thing. However, I have learned that marijuana stems and stalks when dried do an incredible number when you smoke slamon. So maybe that’s where Ethel and Norman will end up.

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what's going on. Hear some rumblings about Coca Cola investing now that the beer company did. Anyway, pleasant surprise when I checked.

AURORA CANNABIS INC +$0.83 (10.86%)
CANNABIS SATIVA INC +$2.93 (56.56%)

Overall making some money now. Just gonna hold long term and hope for a nice run tho.
Yep my Aurora is up 55.54% and CGC up 65%. Most of the smaller companies I own aren't doing much.

I could smack myself for not buying Tilray at $20 in July and selling it for $300 3 days ago. That was an insane run in one day. Probably won't see that again. It's back to $123 down $53.35 yesterday.

Reaction score
Yep my Aurora is up 55.54% and CGC up 65%. Most of the smaller companies I own aren't doing much.

I could smack myself for not buying Tilray at $20 in July and selling it for $300 3 days ago. That was an insane run in one day. Probably won't see that again. It's back to $123 down $53.35 yesterday.
I got in on ACBFF early enough that I'm up 400% on it right now. Wish I'd have put into CGC or Tilray, but it's just gambling money to me right now. My real stock investments are done by professionals.

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I got in on ACBFF early enough that I'm up 400% on it right now. Wish I'd have put into CGC or Tilray, but it's just gambling money to me right now. My real stock investments are done by professionals.
I wish I had gotten into the Canadian stocks sooner but it's a long term play so we'll see what happens.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
Reaction score
I may possibly grow my own, but I know most people have switched over to dispensaries because the quality and reputation. Yeah you still have the people who stick with the dealers, but when you can walk down to get your organic bud that has its own pedigree from seed to grower to store and every step in between why deal with the element of the criminal nature? I mean the dispensaries are so regulated for quality, then a great many are owned by lifelong guys who know more about weed than Sean Payton knows about the passing game, why mess around?
There will be no "walking down to the corner" for most in either Mass or RI. Powers that be are doing their best to ensure that finding weed shops will be anything but convenient for consumers. This won't be like a Dunkin Donuts on every corner. This will mean weed shops placed in the shadiest of hoods. Right next to pawn shops, strip joints, and Family Dollar. Most people will simply avoid these areas, along with weather factors already outlined.

The 30% had long ago kicked off their 'not in my area' campaign, and must be appeased.

Virtually everything sold from farms in RI is organic. Doesn't matter if we're discussing weed, turkey, cranberries ,venison, koi fish or goat meat. We take great pride in our wares, along with branding. I can promise that the vast majority of these cats are just as versed in various strains of weed and quality control as those either fortunate or politically connected enough to obtain state licences.

I don't deal with what I perceive to be of the "criminal" element. I deal with welders, electricians, and retiree farmers...

Last edited:

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There will be no "walking down to the corner" for most in either Mass or RI. Powers that be are doing their best to ensure that finding weed shops will be anything but convenient for consumers. This won't be like a Dunkin Donuts on every corner. This will mean weed shops placed in the shadiest of hoods. Right next to pawn shops, strip joints, and Family Dollar. Most people will simply avoid these areas, along with weather factors already outlined.

The 30% had long ago kicked off their 'not in my area' campaign, and must be appeased.

Virtually everything sold from farms in RI is organic. Doesn't matter if we're discussing weed, turkey, cranberries ,venison, koi fish or goat meat. We take great pride in our wares, along with branding. I can promise that the vast majority of these cats are just as versed in various strains of weed and quality control as those either fortunate or politically connected enough to obtain state licences.

I don't deal with what I perceive to be of the "criminal" element. I deal with welders, electricians, and retiree farmers...
I say something to offend you?🤷🏼‍♂️

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
Reaction score
How did you perceive that? My annoyance was directed at the 30% delaying every matter possible up here

Last edited:

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How did you perceive that? My annoyance was directed at the 30% delaying every matter possible up here
Ok cool. You quoted me and I could feel your annoyance towards something. Didn’t think it was me, but just making sure is all.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the cannabis stocks have run too far too fast.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. So the idea is that TSA only examines and discovers - any findings of contraband are turned over to local law enforcement. Under local law, marijuana possession below threshold quantities is not illegal under local law. So the LAXPD (the airport apparently has its own police department) is saying here that they will not prosecute at those quantities.

I'm still not sure it means that TSA will acquiesce. There's a difference between TSA turning it over to LAXPD for a 'no enforcement' decision, and TSA actually allowing the person through airport security. That part isn't clear.

My suspicion is that TSA still controls who can access the secured section of the airport. Even though it's not illegal to attempt to enter with allowable quantities on the person, TSA doesn't have to allow the person through.

In other words "throw your legal weed in the trash if you want to get on the airplane."

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
TSA isn't exactly spending a whole lot of effort looking for weed as it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom