Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
Wonder if they put in funding for the wall if this would get thru...

https://amp.businessinsider.com/mar...-legalization-bill-introduced-in-house-2018-1
To do that, the bill will create a $500 million community reinvestment fund that will focus on job training for the nascent cannabis industry and will prioritize communities that have suffered a disproportionate number of marijuana arrests for recreational-sales licenses.

The bill will also cut federal funding for state law enforcement and prison construction if the state disproportionately arrests low-income or people of color for marijuana offenses. Part of the community reinvestment fund will be funded through these cuts.

"It's the reverse of the 1994 Crime Bill," Sen. Cory Booker said on the same call. "It creates incentives for states to change their marijuana laws."

While the House bill already has twelve Democratic co-sponsors, no Republicans have signed on to either the Senate or House version yet.

BAM! POTN up a ton today. This is today's gain for me:

POTNETWORK HLDGS INC COM NEW
$1,918.00 (37.03%) $0.355

Not a bad day. I'm in at .05 for 20,000. Wish I had bought more. Now if some of the other ones I own would take off.

i agree about the smoking. unfortunately, my brain is so haywire, it does not matter for voting. i would probably end up voting for the person that makes weed legal at the cost of our souls. i focus on one thing and ignore anything outside of my tunnel vision.

i am okay with paying tax, especially if it means weed freedom. we pay taxes for worse.

zeetes=mental magician

Where was the legalize it and dont tax it option? Taxation is theft.

I Kinda,sorta like driving on well maintained roads and bridges. I also like having a police dept. to prevent total anarchy. Without taxation there
is no government. I respect your opinion,but I'm not willing to go that far.

http://blog.norml.org/2018/01/17/just-introduced-the-marijuana-justice-act-is-in-the-house/

The Marijuana Justice Act of 2017 would:

Remove marijuana from the list of controlled substances making it legal at the federal level;
Incentivize states through federal funds to change their marijuana laws if marijuana in the state is illegal and it disproportionately arrests or incarcerates minority and poor people for marijuana-related offenses;
Automatically expunge federal marijuana use and possession crimes;
Allow individuals currently serving time in federal prison to petition a court for a resentencing;
Create a community reinvestment fund to invest in communities most impacted by the failed War on Drugs and allows the money to go towards the following programs:
Job training;
Reentry services;
Expenses related to the expungement of convictions;
Public libraries;
Community centers;
Programs and opportunities dedicated to youth; and
Health education programs.

I Kinda,sorta like driving on well maintained roads and bridges. I also like having a police dept. to prevent total anarchy. Without taxation there

so then we're circumventing those dynamics through government

Well, just being pragmatic and not at all political, even if you pay the highest taxes in history, you're paying less than you would if we had no taxes and just warlords with chain guns in pickup beds interested in your property and income. So pragmatically you want at least enough taxes to prevent that, and it's a bargain not theft. The more you have the more those taxes are in your interest. I guess pragmatically, if you're broke and not particularly moral you might prefer no taxes so you could go take some of his stuff.

Jn07YjU.gif

I don't know why they bake at 240 and 400 instead of 420.

http://blog.norml.org/2018/01/17/just-introduced-the-marijuana-justice-act-is-in-the-house/

The Marijuana Justice Act of 2017 would:

Remove marijuana from the list of controlled substances making it legal at the federal level;
Incentivize states through federal funds to change their marijuana laws if marijuana in the state is illegal and it disproportionately arrests or incarcerates minority and poor people for marijuana-related offenses;
Automatically expunge federal marijuana use and possession crimes;
Allow individuals currently serving time in federal prison to petition a court for a resentencing;
Create a community reinvestment fund to invest in communities most impacted by the failed War on Drugs and allows the money to go towards the following programs:
Job training;
Reentry services;
Expenses related to the expungement of convictions;
Public libraries;
Community centers;
Programs and opportunities dedicated to youth; and
Health education programs.

The only thing that should be done is decriminalization on the federal level. The 10 amendment gives the right to states to decide for themselves if they want to have an activity criminalized or not, its there choice, and the Federal Government should not be allowed to use its tax collected dollars to bribe extort a state with its own money of how a state chooses to enforce its criminal code.

Legal narcotic sales are not a lottery fund and should not be used as such. Tax it as normal and allow the tax to go to the general fund, but if you have use social justice and community funding to justify the sale of the narcotic to your population (IE the good it can do justifies the bad it will cause) then you don't have a justification for doing it. Let the revenue pay for fire, police, water and sewage and give the homeowners a break on their property taxes. Yeh, you didn't want that money to benefit the public at large did you?

Have to balls to say you want it legal so you can get high without going to jail, and not falsely pretend you interested in improving your community.

glad you like those, expect those service are typically funded by property taxes, not sales taxes.

glad you like those, expect those service are typically funded by property taxes, not sales taxes.

Taxes are taxes. It doesn't matter where the gubment takes them. I also don't mind paying them. I'd rather live under Draconian control than
anarchy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom