Votes: 23 3.2%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 43 6.1%

• Total voters

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Figured I'd go ahead and post a poll and see how you guys and gals feel about cannabis. I myself haven't smoked it too much, but before I enlisted I partook maybe 5-10 times. I personally didn't enjoy the high too much, but the pain relief was amazing.

I've been on a few big pain killers throughout my day for issues related to service. They all make me feel too high, numb, and are very addictive. Marijuana has been a pain reliever that I've recently enjoyed. It has made me feel better than the pills. Those "legal" pills are addictive as ****, and have led to more problems than I'd like. After a long days work I personally would prefer smoking and going to sleep than drinking and taking these pain pills.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on marijuana? Should it be legal, medically only, or stay illegal?

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The new AG is Matthew Whitaker. There is no known position from him on marijuana when he ran for the US Senate.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Matthew_Whitaker.htm

The only statement he has made on marijuana is that he helped reduce distribution. Nothing negative there since he's just enforcing the laws. Sessions, on the other hand, was convinced that marijuana was evil.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/jeff-sessions-is-out-who-is-acting-attorney-general-matthew-whitaker/

Obviously we'll have to wait and see but I think legalization would be a popular move for Trump at this point. I think he's fully aware of that. At the very least, they should simply let the states decide.

SDotJeezy

Watch my flow!
Reaction score
If trump and co pull off nationwide legalization in his first term, I will gladly slather my hair with grease and stand on stage at trump rallies holding a "blacks for orange 2020" poster.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s GONNA happen. But the House was the biggest obstacle to any legislation. If Booker can get decriminalization through the Senate, it will become law.

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
My wife decided to quit a few months ago, and I’ll admit I thought that meant I would die.

However, it’s been mostly ok. Myself, I don’t partake in any drugs but have zero issue with pot. As I’ve said before, all people I know that smoke are hard working very successful people.

We keep more chocolate and snacks on hand now that my wife has quit, I have noticed that.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My wife decided to quit a few months ago, and I’ll admit I thought that meant I would die.

However, it’s been mostly ok. Myself, I don’t partake in any drugs but have zero issue with pot. As I’ve said before, all people I know that smoke are hard working very successful people.

We keep more chocolate and snacks on hand now that my wife has quit, I have noticed that.
Wait. You keep more snacks around now that she's quit smoking weed?

Last edited:

Humperdoo

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Wait. You keep more snacks around now that she's quite smoking weed?

Hmmm. Yes. Is that abnormal? She used to tear up snacks back in the weed days.
Now, not so much. Everyone I’ve known that smokes destroys snack foods while they are smoking the marijuana. 😂

Reaction score
Now, not so much. Everyone I’ve known that smokes destroys snack foods while they are smoking the marijuana. 😂
It's an oddity that pot smokers are on average less obese as well. I can't find the article, but recently a worldwide study put it at ~10% reduction in fatness.

Here is an older article I found.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/07/want-to-reduce-obesity-legalize-medical-marijuana-researchers-say/?utm_term=.a655de2d974d

Humperdoo

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wait. You keep more snacks around now that she's quite smoking weed?
Yeah, it read it that way first too - but you mean that because she's not smoking, the snacks hang around a little longer. Makes sense.

Humperdoo

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it read it that way first too - but you mean that because she's not smoking, the snacks hang around a little longer. Makes sense.
I’m sure my fault guys. Harder and harder to see and thus I’m sure I’m hard to understand at times.

Yes, she snacked more when she smoked. By far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom