Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
Is psilocybin next? I have mixed emotions about this one.

Voters in Denver approved the nation’s first referendum on decriminalizing hallucinogenic mushrooms Tuesday. Though it took election officials until Wednesday afternoon to tabulate the vote, 50.6 percent of the 176,000 voters picked “yes,” and 49.4 percent voted no.

The voters endorsed a change in Denver law that will require police to make arresting people for personal possession or use of psilocybin mushrooms “the lowest law enforcement priority in the City and County of Denver.” The final vote total still must be certified by Denver election officials.

“We’re sending a clear signal to the rest of the country,” Kevin Matthews, the leader of the “Decriminalize Denver” movement, which placed Initiative 301 on the ballot, said. “that America is ready to talk about psilocybin. We have work to do, we’re ready for it and we couldn’t be happier.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...ation-magic-mushrooms/?utm_term=.78248c468b37

Decriminalization is not the same as legalization (though it can be seen as the first step). That said, I'm in favor of it. Mushrooms are a lot of fun, and I think they do have some legit therapeutic uses under the right circumstances.

No they not.

Not when your friends leave you in a field because they thought you were dead. Only to wake at 4am like WTFFFFFFFFF and have to walk home 8 miles. ( pre cell phone days and i didnt have a quarter lol )

No they not.

Not when your friends leave you in a field because they thought you were dead. Only to wake at 4am like What the Fork!FFFFFFFF and have to walk home 8 miles. ( pre cell phone days and i didnt have a quarter lol )

Yikes. Some friends!

I don't really like how government is throwing these solutions back into the chemical mixture as if they are hoping for some sort of volatile reaction. These naturally occurring plants should be studied and there should be scientific education on their medicinal purposes as early as middle school. The recreation side and possible consequences should be a focus in a social studies setting in possible middle school, maybe more high school.

It seems many steps are being bypassed and every time a new drug is legislated, it's based on political motives. We really need a complete rewiring on how our society views these drugs, what the term drug means, and how we educate ourselves.

I'm all for decriminalizing psilocybin. Just worried this is one one step method to be followed by two steps back.

Legalize everything for adults above 21 or we don’t live in a free society. It’s bizarre world with what’s legal and illegal. It’s clear that alcohol and tobacco should be banned while marijuana and mushrooms should take their place. Imagine zero deaths from marijuana and mushrooms every year...oh the humanity!

I'm not for legalizing everything. I'm for decriminalizing everything. Drug addiction shouldn't be treated as a crime. It should be treated as the medical condition that it is. However if you hurt someone when doing that, you still go to jail.

Hard narcotics shouldn't be legalized. IMO Alcohol is probably the line and frankly there is a decent argument take it off the market. But I know what won't happen so IMO that's the more powerful narcotic that should be legalized for commercial sale. Cocaine, Crack, Heroine, etc. You don't go to jail for using it or for having small amounts in your possession but large scale production and distribution should still be illegal. Anything that is less potent than alcohol should be open for commercial development. Marijuana is one of those.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom