Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
Had a procedure last Thursday. I've only ever had the hydrocodone which really does nothing for my pain and makes me nauseous. So the Dr gave me Oxy this time.

I understand now why people would become addicted to it. I'm only using it when absolutely can't bear the pain anymore but find myself wanting to just take it and cruise through the day.

Wish I had another option and am glad this is almost over.

I have heard that gabapentin is good to help people get off opiods. Dunno if that is true
I have been on 10/325 percs for over a year and just went up to 15mg

I have heard that gabapentin is good to help people get off opiods. Dunno if that is true
I have been on 10/325 percs for over a year and just went up to 15mg

I hadn't heard anything about it either,so I researched. I personally wouldn't do it. it's a anticonvulsant used to treat seizures. It has way
to many side effects in my opinion.

I'm speaking as a recovering addict who has been clean for 9 years. I became addicted to percocets after sinus surgery in 2004. I was
totally ignorant of the effects that had. I wrongly assumed since they were prescribed by a doctor, they were ok. I was never more
wrong in my life. This was at a time they weren't regulated like now. My doctor prescribed me 240 10 mg/750 a month after surgery
with 5 refills. I only took them by prescribed dose. After the original prescription ran out,he prescribed another 5 refills.Still ignorant, I
kept taking them.

The Dr. who prescribed them got involved in a nasty divorce and moved to Belize to escape paying alimony. Good for him, but sucked
for me. Unfortunately, I met an old childhood friend who had mastered Dr. shopping,and was able to get my drug of choice off the street.

Long story short. I lived the nightmare. I started taking them for the way they made me feel. The second step is to take them to feel
normal. The last step is taking them to prevent getting sick. It's a hell I wish on nobody. I knew I had to quit or would not be posting
this today. The only way to quit opiates is cold turkey detox. I decided to take that route through a councelor. Methadone and Suboxone will only delay the inevitable. The sooner you stop, the sooner you will feel normal. It took me 8 months, but it was well worth the wait.

I hadn't heard anything about it either,so I researched. I personally wouldn't do it. it's a anticonvulsant used to treat seizures. It has way

I'm speaking as a recovering addict who has been clean for 9 years. I became addicted to percocets after sinus surgery in 2004. I was
totally ignorant of the effects that had. I wrongly assumed since they were prescribed by a doctor, they were ok. I was never more
wrong in my life. This was at a time they weren't regulated like now. My doctor prescribed me 240 10 mg/750 a month after surgery
with 5 refills. I only took them by prescribed dose. After the original prescription ran out,he prescribed another 5 refills.Still ignorant, I
kept taking them.

The Dr. who prescribed them got involved in a nasty divorce and moved to Belize to escape paying alimony. Good for him, but sucked
for me. Unfortunately, I met an old childhood friend who had mastered Dr. shopping,and was able to get my drug of choice off the street.

Long story short. I lived the nightmare. I started taking them for the way they made me feel. The second step is to take them to feel
normal. The last step is taking them to prevent getting sick. It's a hell I wish on nobody. I knew I had to quit or would not be posting
this today. The only way to quit opiates is cold turkey detox. I decided to take that route through a councelor. Methadone and Suboxone will only delay the inevitable. The sooner you stop, the sooner you will feel normal. It took me 8 months, but it was well worth the wait.
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm very impressed by your honesty and commitment. At this point, there may not be a single family touched in some way by this epidemic.

kept taking them.

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I dont have much other recourse right now
I have been on them before and had no issues quitting so perhaps I am in the fortunate group

Hawaii has decriminalized at a tiny level. Only 3 grams which is .1 oz. Not sure if that's a roach or maybe a whole joint.

Still though it's a step.

House committee meeting today indicating the mood to loosen federal law has reached some in Congress:

U.S. lawmakers weighed reforming pot laws in what advocates called a “historic” hearing Wednesday, with numerous members of Congress saying they wanted to loosen federal laws, even legalize marijuana.

“Marijuana decriminalization may be one of the very few issues upon which bipartisan agreement can still be reached in this session,” said Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., adding “it ought to be crystal clear to everyone that our laws have not accomplished their goals.”

Eleven states have legalized adult recreational use and a majority of Americans support legalization. A number of bills are on the table that would reform federal marijuana laws. The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security sought input on how to reform federal laws in a hearing Wednesday titled “Marijuana Laws in America: Racial Justice and the Need for Reform.”

“There is a growing consensus in this country that current marijuana laws are not appropriate and we must consider reform,” said Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif. “Today’s hearing is a first step in that process.”

()/\/1\| 83<&/_/$3 j00 5\_\(|< @7 1337

.. -.. --- -. .----. - .... .- ...- . - .. -- . ..-. --- .-. - .... .. ... .-.-.- .. -.-. .- -. .----. - ..-. .. -. -.. .- -.. . -.-. . -. - - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. .- -. -.. .. .-. . ..-. ..- ... . - --- -.. --- .. - -- -.-- ... . .-.. ..-. .-.-.- ... ..- -. -.. --- .-- -. .-.. --- ...- . ... -- . .-.-.-

Hawaii has decriminalized at a tiny level. Only 3 grams which is .1 oz. Not sure if that's a roach or maybe a whole joint.

Still though it's a step.

3 grams is probably 4 joints or an eighth ounce if your guy weighs light.

Wow, I knew it was bad, but had no idea it was anywhere near this.

rWRFnNszaU2sQSB0ZrPFKtkYAsZ54vumlOlfurJnV2pBRdIA8W35Kg_IPr6pIZ9jQNZ_3RzmD1ver0mEMV_FE_2iJcr27qvzmfGtWrMrzRJ0PnW47OL4BUISw5FKilStSedzm2gA

FBI figures show 599,282 arrests nationwide for possession of marijuana and 518,617 arrests for violent crimes, which include murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

We rate Booker’s statement True.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom