Votes: 23 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 43 5.9%

• Total voters

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Figured I'd go ahead and post a poll and see how you guys and gals feel about cannabis. I myself haven't smoked it too much, but before I enlisted I partook maybe 5-10 times. I personally didn't enjoy the high too much, but the pain relief was amazing.

I've been on a few big pain killers throughout my day for issues related to service. They all make me feel too high, numb, and are very addictive. Marijuana has been a pain reliever that I've recently enjoyed. It has made me feel better than the pills. Those "legal" pills are addictive as ****, and have led to more problems than I'd like. After a long days work I personally would prefer smoking and going to sleep than drinking and taking these pain pills.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on marijuana? Should it be legal, medically only, or stay illegal?

Reaction score
If you've never eaten decarboxylated thc, I would think the last thing you want to try is cooking with it. I still, to this day, catch myself licking the spoon during cleanup and have had to fight off many heavy effects.

5mg is a very good baseline dose for food products, and is what I give to all of the first-time experiences who come through the door.
I think the tincture method I saw on Weedicate might be easier once you perfect the recipe. Basically fill a mason jar with flower and everclear . Shake it regularly and strip all the resin with a good soak. Strain out the solid and pour the rest into a coffee pot. Put it on the burner and reduce until the alcohol is done. You'll have a very potent result. I'm assuming the heat while burning off the alcohol will decarb the product.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I think the tincture method I saw on Weedicate might be easier once you perfect the recipe. Basically fill a mason jar with flower and everclear . Shake it regularly and strip all the resin with a good soak. Strain out the solid and pour the rest into a coffee pot. Put it on the burner and reduce until the alcohol is done. You'll have a very potent result. I'm assuming the heat while burning off the alcohol will decarb the product.
There's a proper way to decarb and it involves a double boiler method while reaching a certain temp for a certain amount of time. Also it matters what you're trying to make. Time is crucial in this. It's HIGHLY important.

Reaction score

But others, including Gov. Phil Bryant, the Mississippi State Board of Health and some law enforcement leaders, oppose the initiative. They say there is a lack of scientific evidence of marijuana's treatment benefits outweighing risks
Pot has been around and in use for thousands of years. I think its a safe bet that it would be rather common knowledge if there were real and severe impacts from its use.

I'm not saying we shouldn't learn more about it. Just that a circular argument about how we don't understand enough about a plant which the government has prohibited studying makes no real sense.

Reaction score
Look at the upcoming bills in the session. Let your rep know how you feel.

Here’s a snapshot at some of the bills that have been introduced:
  • Rep. Edmond Jordan’s HB 626 would set up a system of legal, regulated cannabis sales to adults 21 and older along with permits for personal cultivation. (Unfortunately, it does not appear to remove criminal penalties.)
  • Rep. Ted James’ HB 546 would put a state constitutional amendment on Louisiana’s November 2020 ballot to legalize and regulate cannabis for adults 21 and older.
  • Rep. Cedric Glover's HB 346 would put a state constitutional amendment on the November 2020 ballot to allow localities to legalize marijuana.
  • Rep. C. Denise Marcelle’s HB 49 would reduce cannabis possession penalties, including by decriminalizing first-offense possession of up to 14 grams. The current penalty includes up to 15 days in jail.
  • Rep. Ted James’ HB 385 would allow whole plant/flower medical cannabis.
  • Rep. Ted James’ HB 386 would allow physicians to recommend cannabis for any condition that is debilitating to the individual patient
  • Rep. Jeremy LaCombe’s HB 455 would allow people receiving hospice or palliative care to qualify for medical cannabis.
  • Rep. Rodney Lyons’ HB 330 would add chronic pain caused by fibromyalgia as a qualifying condition.
  • Rep. Joe Marino’s HB 158 would allow Alzheimer's, ALS, and a few other neurodegenerative diseases to qualify for medical cannabis.
  • Sen. Gerald Boudreaux's SB 267 would remove the sunset on the medical cannabis program.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom