Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters

If enacted, the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act would remove marijuana and THC from the Controlled Substances Act, provide for expungement and resentencing of prior convictions and prevent federal agencies from using cannabis as a reason to deny access to benefits or citizenship status for immigrants.

I can. Two dispensaries within walking distance of my house.

And one about 300' from the front door of my business.

They make it too easy.

How many years before it’s legalized on a recreational level in Louisiana?

It will be legalized on the federal level before Louisiana ever makes any sort of progressive decision like that unfortunately. For a state that has so many money issues, we sure do balk at the opportunities to make money hand over fist (legalized marijuana and sports betting)

I'm not sure I agree with that. Louisiana has already handed out the licenses for medical to pharmacies who are just about to get product. They did it in the typical Louisiana way - handing out a limited number of licenses to cronies and connected business owners. Thing is - the law is super-restrictive on how and for what you can write medical prescriptions. So these license holders don't have any real way to make money off of their licenses. So they are going to birch to their friends who are going to start loosening up the laws (that is already starting to happen). Before too long, we will have a California-style medical system (which is also starting to happen in Florida). There are already politicians who are starting to see the light, and it's not a big jump once medical is prevalent and the state hasn't gone up in a puff of smoke (lol, intended).

I don't think we will be last for once, but it's not happening tomorrow.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Louisiana has already handed out the licenses for medical to pharmacies who are just about to get product. They did it in the typical Louisiana way - handing out a limited number of licenses to cronies and connected business owners. Thing is - the law is super-restrictive on how and for what you can write medical prescriptions. So these license holders don't have any real way to make money off of their licenses. So they are going to birch to their friends who are going to start loosening up the laws (that is already starting to happen). Before too long, we will have a California-style medical system (which is also starting to happen in Florida). There are already politicians who are starting to see the light, and it's not a big jump once medical is prevalent and the state hasn't gone up in a puff of smoke (lol, intended).

Yeah, Louisiana is actually still ahead of the curve on this one - I think the Bible belt states (that also intersect with tobacco interests ex-Virginia) and the conservative midwest states (like Iowa and Indiana) will be slower than Louisiana.

Yeah, Louisiana is actually still ahead of the curve on this one - I think the Bible belt states (that also intersect with tobacco interests ex-Virginia) and the conservative midwest states (like Iowa and Indiana) will be slower than Louisiana.

Imo, Mississippi will be last. Hell, alcohol sales were prohibited statewide until 1965. There have been several attempts made to bring it to a floor vote,but none of those bills made it out of committee

Imo, Mississippi will be last. Hell, alcohol sales were prohibited statewide until 1965. There have been several attempts made to bring it to a floor vote,but none of those bills made it out of committee

Mississippi is very close to getting a legalization amendment on the ballot last I heard. They could be very soon if things work out.

The group behind the Medical Marijuana 2020 ballot initiative, Mississippians for Compassionate Care, has been gathering signatures since September of 2018. Organizers say more than 57,000 of the required 86,185 signatures have been certified by state circuit clerks, but the clock is ticking as their Sept. 6 deadline approaches. Currently, over 100 people are deployed across the state gathering signatures, organizers say.

The sad part is the folks who publicly fought against alcohol sales were probably alcohol consumers themselves. Same thing with the people fighting against weed. They use it in their home away from prying eyes. "Do as I say, not as I do." It's been proven on abortion and it's been proven with same-sex. The ones screaming the loudest are the one who are high while having same sex intercourse at home.

California type medical system? Dude we full legal

Isn'tt it only for the pill form that contains no THC?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom