Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
Wow! A 34% tax that's crazy. I'm guessing with all that tax the black market will still thrive.
For the convenience of not having to deal with the god-awful giveaway smell, I'd pay it. Nothing like stepping outside to take toke and coming back in to have your clothes, hair and breath let everyone know what you were doing. Of course, that's just for those of us you still trying to hide the fact that you toke.

For the convenience of not having to deal with the god-awful giveaway smell, I'd pay it. Nothing like stepping outside to take toke and coming back in to have your clothes, hair and breath let everyone know what you were doing. Of course, that's just for those of us you still trying to hide the fact that you toke.

We hit the pen wherever. Puts out a lot less vapor and smell than the tobacco vapes people are smoking.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm glad a politician stands by their belief. That said, if the state is still testing employees for
THC,it might be a bad political move.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I'm glad a politician stands by their belief. That said, if the state is still testing employees for
THC,it might be a bad political move.
Maybe it was a gift.

i like the boldness

I do as well, but I have no political aspirations. I just want to know if Illinois state employees are still tested for THC. If I were one and
was, I'd be hopping mad at this type of grandstanding

I do as well, but I have no political aspirations. I just want to know if Illinois state employees are still tested for THC. If I were one and
hah same. i will admit, much easier to love it when you aren't invested in their career

My dream is to finish up the years I need in SSI by opening a gumbo truck outside a dispensary in Co. I'm curious if there's a strain which can be used like file
If I'm reading this right, Illinois State law says you can only test someone if you specifically have cause. Therefore, if you aren't going to work stoned, you have little to worry about.

If I'm reading this right, Illinois State law says you can only test someone if you specifically have cause. Therefore, if you aren't going to work stoned, you have little to worry about.

probable cause gives employers and police a broad stroke. We have a specific test to determine if someone shows up for work drunk.
It's called a breathalyzer. A test for being stoned isn't there yet. THC can show up in the body for up to 90 days after one last partakes.

probable cause gives employers and police a broad stroke. We have a specific test to determine if someone shows up for work drunk.
It's called a breathalyzer. A test for being stoned isn't there yet. THC can show up in the body for up to 90 days after one last partakes.
yep the 90 days makes it even harder to interpret, but 1 day is the same. this is where, even with the so-called marijuana breathalyzer (in beta), it is nearly impossible to test successfully for pinpointing when inhaled or digested.

Where the issue is going to come in for employers is that if they get a reputation then they will have a difficult time recruiting. Folks will only work under such a heavy yoke when there is no other option. The FBI is already reeling and had been for many years when it comes to hiring computer positions.

I'd go so far as to say that when someone who seldom or never smokes will view such policies as controlling and a big negative on the company.

Now I totally understand stricter policies for sensitive positions like anyone who carries a weapon or works in a dangerous area.

I totally understand stricter policies for sensitive positions like anyone who carries a weapon or works in a dangerous area.
there are already very lax laws for enforcement officers regarding alcohol. i doubt this could be any different, but yes, i believe the media would try to make it out otherwise. eww evil green plant vs distilled alcohol, so devilish!!!

there are already very lax laws for enforcement officers regarding alcohol. i doubt this could be any different, but yes, i believe the media would try to make it out otherwise. eww evil green plant vs distilled alcohol, so devilish!!!
I might be wrong, but weed is more accepted and used be younger generations than alcohol. I don't think there's a new prohibition coming, but that industry is losing customers faster than they are gaining them. Transition to thc based mixers might be their best shot. Similar with tobacco.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom