Votes: 24 3.2%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 44 5.9%

• Total voters

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Figured I'd go ahead and post a poll and see how you guys and gals feel about cannabis. I myself haven't smoked it too much, but before I enlisted I partook maybe 5-10 times. I personally didn't enjoy the high too much, but the pain relief was amazing.

I've been on a few big pain killers throughout my day for issues related to service. They all make me feel too high, numb, and are very addictive. Marijuana has been a pain reliever that I've recently enjoyed. It has made me feel better than the pills. Those "legal" pills are addictive as ****, and have led to more problems than I'd like. After a long days work I personally would prefer smoking and going to sleep than drinking and taking these pain pills.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on marijuana? Should it be legal, medically only, or stay illegal?

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Im certain it is. 50 percent of the population are not on opioids. Although the actual number of people is still staggering.
i hate pain meds. they make me feel like sheet. i'm allergic to codeine and can only take opioids. forking hate them.

oh and my brother is super afraid of contact high.. from my sealed containers he stumbled across that he did not know about. forking idiot. birch is 32 with a bachelor's in finance, never lived from home, and hasn't worked in almost 8 years (mcdonalds and some kinda bbq place as a dishwasher). ugh. rant time.

PXL_20210130_042948144.jpg

Reaction score
my mom and i were just talking about this.

she scolds me about my marijuana use (though she has bought me books on how to grow, an antique box to hold 30+ joints, and some kind of weird bong). not an entirely great conversation. she believes more in pain meds.

damn boomers.
LOL

I can honestly say the CBD tinctures I use really help with pain. I know how much to take before paranoia sets in too.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
LOL

I can honestly say the CBD tinctures I use really help with pain. I know how much to take before paranoia sets in too.
i have become a huge fan of delta 8 thc. 100% legal and is basically cbd with a head floaty effect. actually, probably my favourite now.

i forgot who started talking about it, but they are my hero.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus. I wonder if that statistic is counting multiple or repeat prescriptions for the same individual? Even if it is, the nationwide statistic is way too high.
Note it doesn't say 51.4 people out of every 100 has an opioid prescription - it says there are 51.4 prescriptions for every 100 people in that year (scripts/people doesn't necessarily mean a unique person has each script). A substantial number of those 100 will have multiple scripts, so the actual number of people will be much lower than 51.4 people per hundred. That's part of the over-prescribed narcotic problem is that users can be successful at getting multiple prescriptions.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Note it doesn't say 51.4 people out of every 100 has an opioid prescription - it says there are 51.4 prescriptions for every 100 people in that year. A substantial number of those 100 will have multiple scripts. That's part of the over-prescribed narcotic problem is that users can be successful at getting multiple prescriptions.
yo. lets not get so technical or lawyery.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
Note it doesn't say 51.4 people out of every 100 has an opioid prescription - it says there are 51.4 prescriptions for every 100 people in that year (scripts/people doesn't necessarily mean a unique person has each script). A substantial number of those 100 will have multiple scripts, so the actual number of people will be much lower than 51.4 people per hundred. That's part of the over-prescribed narcotic problem is that users can be successful at getting multiple prescriptions.
It’s not uncommon for people to “doctor shop” and have multiple scripts simultaneously from different doctors who have no idea.

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s not uncommon for people to “doctor shop” and have multiple scripts simultaneously from different doctors who have no idea.
Here in OK there's a state registry that all pain scripts are tracked on to try and keep that in check.

You can't refill a pain script without another Dr visit as well.

It's crazy how liberal our medical marijuana laws are here though.

And I haven't heard of a meth lab exploding in a bit. That sudafed monitoring must be working.

2009ring

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
None of this legalization shirt is going to matter much unless they also make it illegal for employers to test for it.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
None of this legalization shirt is going to matter much unless they also make it illegal for employers to test for it.
They'll never do that, at least not for recreational. The key there is in the testing - science needs to come up with a way to provide a more precise test for when the user actually consumed the marijuana.

But I think it's an overstatement to say it won't matter unless they did. I'm not sure what percentage of employers test for weed but it's nowhere near 100% and when you take out the ones that only do a pre-employment screen, I think the number goes down quite a bit from there.

Another thing that is evolving is what an employer does with a positive test. If the result came from a random or scheduled screen, and not an incident, and the employee is otherwise in good standing and indicated that the marijuana use was legal (by state law) and off-duty, there's no reason why that employee has to be disciplined. Of course, the employee's job matters - someone doing skilled tasks in a dangerous environment (e.g. operating construction equipment) likely brings a different analysis than the IT guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom