Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
Widge the article you linked is not remotely creditable.
BTW I hope you also read the authors other story about "Cats, the adorable killers...". That story actually has teeth...
If the American Lung Society says smoking (insert whatever) is harmful then its 100% true. There really isnt any point in arguing "degrees" or variables. I just posted it FYI.

That's why I said "some evidence" not that it was proven.

And there is always a point in arguing degrees and variable because both matter greatly in science. But, not so much when you have an agenda.

And what is not "creditable" (That word, I do not think it means what you think it means) about the article? I get that the study it cites to isn't peer reviewed, but most COVID stuff is not peer reviewed at this point because it is so new. All the article says is that it "might" block COVID.

Anyway, I didn't say it is conclusive, but it does show that not only is there no evidence that it hurts your response to COVID when smoke marijuana, but that it may actually help. Obviously it is far too early to conclude that it does in fact help, but it's also far to early to make a credible claim that it hurts.

Finally, all the article from the American Lung Association means is that breathing in any smoke is not good for you lungs. That is, of course, true but it doesn't really mean much in terms of risk assessment and weighing relative risks. I mean, you inhale smoke when you use a smoker or sit by a fire, but that doesn't mean you should stop using a smoker or sitting by a fire. What it means is that you should limit how much smoke you inhale from those sources. The same is true of marijuana. Obviously edibles are preferable from a safety point of view, but limited amounts of smoking is likely not a big deal.

Last edited:
I couldnt find the casual smokers thread so I picked the thread where people who are bound to smoke will see it.

So my agenda was to present two scientific studies which concluded that:
1. Covid symptoms hit smokers twice as hard as non smokers.
2. All smoking damages your lungs (thus puts people who smoke at greater risk).
Never once did I every say anything about marijuana or to imply a legal standard on its use. Not attacking or condemning.

Smoking period if you are infected with Covid or A symptomatic will spread Covid. Exhaling smoke that contains the virus will spread the virus on clothing, furniture, walls, pets, other people etc.
It's not about politics its about our health and the health of everyone around you.

I couldnt find the casual smokers thread so I picked the thread where people who are bound to smoke will see it.

So my agenda was to present two scientific studies which concluded that:
1. Covid symptoms hit smokers twice as hard as non smokers.
2. All smoking damages your lungs (thus puts people who smoke at greater risk).
Never once did I every say anything about marijuana or to imply a legal standard on its use. Not attacking or condemning.

Smoking period if you are infected with Covid or A symptomatic will spread Covid. Exhaling smoke that contains the virus will spread the virus on clothing, furniture, walls, pets, other people etc.
It's not about politics its about our health and the health of everyone around you.

Apparently I misinterpreted your intent. My apologies.

So about that tax revenue.

Calendar YearRevenue By Calendar YearTotal Revenue Since Feb 2014
2014 (Feb - Dec)$67,594,323$67,597,323
2015$130,411,173$198,005,496
2016$193,604,810$391,610,306
2017$247,368,473$638,978,779
2018$266,529,637$905,508,416
2019$302,458,426$1,207,966,842
2020 (Jan - April)$103,812,807$1,311,779,649

Governor signed so it's now legal for any Dr to prescribe for any condition unless I read this wrong.

Oh no doubt.
We're just spoiled here in OK. It might as well be recreational as easy as it is to get a card and the insane amounts we are legally allowed.

Do I really need to be walking around with 3 ounces? No. Or 8 ounces in my house? That would last me forever

6 mature plants, 6 seedings.

And, wait for it, 72 ounces of edible marijuana. WTH were they thinking?

We're just spoiled here in OK. It might as well be recreational as easy as it is to get a card and the insane amounts we are legally allowed.

Do I really need to be walking around with 3 ounces? No. Or 8 ounces in my house? That would last me forever

tenor.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom