Votes: 24 3.2%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 44 5.9%

• Total voters

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Figured I'd go ahead and post a poll and see how you guys and gals feel about cannabis. I myself haven't smoked it too much, but before I enlisted I partook maybe 5-10 times. I personally didn't enjoy the high too much, but the pain relief was amazing.

I've been on a few big pain killers throughout my day for issues related to service. They all make me feel too high, numb, and are very addictive. Marijuana has been a pain reliever that I've recently enjoyed. It has made me feel better than the pills. Those "legal" pills are addictive as ****, and have led to more problems than I'd like. After a long days work I personally would prefer smoking and going to sleep than drinking and taking these pain pills.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on marijuana? Should it be legal, medically only, or stay illegal?

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
D.C.'s Initiative 81, which passed with 76% of the vote in November, officially goes into effect on Monday, March 15.

Initiative 81, formally known as the Entheogenic Plant and Fungus Policy Act of 2020, does not make it legal to use mushrooms or other psychedelics, but it makes policing and prosecution of them a low priority.

The battle to get Initiative 81 on D.C. ballots was spearheaded by spokesperson Melissa Lavasani, who said she knows firsthand how much of a difference access to these mushrooms can make. She suffered with depression after both of her pregnancies. After she had her son in 2017, she said she tried every home remedy, and nothing worked.......

Magic mushrooms officially decriminalized in DC (msn.com)

Reaction score
It’s so nice going into a store and being able to buy joints, weed, and edibles in Ontario. The one next to me is sandwiched between an American style diner and a Taco Bell.
My goal is a gumbo/Jambalaya truck outside of a shop in Co

Although, my bosses idea of a bundt cake shop called Nothing Blundt Cakes next door might be better.

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My goal is a gumbo/Jambalaya truck outside of a shop in Co

Although, my bosses idea of a bundt cake shop called Nothing Blundt Cakes next door might be better.
We tried to get into the Nothing Bundt Cakes around 5 years ago and there were no franchises to be had in Oklahoma. I do like the Blunt cakes take.

I can tell you my friend that owns one down around Dallas does about $2 million annually.

Crazy I know but people love those things.

SUGrad03

All-Pro
Reaction score

Juicy Fruit

WHO DAT & GEAUX LSU
Reaction score
Everybody from Louisiana sign this petition if you want Louisiana to legalize recreational use of Marijuana...

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here you go Louisiana.

"If it gets on the ballot, I think it will pass state wide," said Political Analyst Clancy DuBos.
https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/articl...iana/289-92b2b997-f227-496a-bd78-d6c99f6ce50e

"I brought it because when I was knocking on doors for my election in 2019, it surprised me how many people just in my very conservative district supported legalization," said State Representative Richard Nelson (R) of Mandeville.
I'm not really the stereotypical person to author these bills. I'm a conservative in a conservative district, but I'm also an engineer so I can look at the data and look at the numbers," Nelson said.

Reaction score
I don't even smoke weed but if its on the ballot, I will def vote for legalization. It is way, way, long past due and locking people up for baking away to cope with a crappy day is the least of our worries. Maybe this is what our state needs to bail out our restaurant industry after covid by giving a large amount of people the munchies.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
The Sheriff's Association will not allow it to get on the ballot. No matter what the cost. Incarceration is their main source of income.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Sheriff's Association will not allow it to get on the ballot. No matter what the cost. Incarceration is their main source of income.
They have always opposed it for just that reason. But, the guy who proposed this clearly has a plan to deal with opposition from law enforcement. Apparently he has another bill that would give 20% of the tax revenue generated from marijuana sales to law enforcement. Not sure if it's enough to let the bill on the ballot, but I think it has a shot.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Screw em. They're supposed to protect and serve, not put people in jail/prison.
The problem is that the Sherriff's Association is the most powerful lobbying group in the state. While us general citizens agree with "screw em", the state legislators are in their pockets and don't dare oppose them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom