Votes: 24 3.2%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 44 5.8%

• Total voters

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Figured I'd go ahead and post a poll and see how you guys and gals feel about cannabis. I myself haven't smoked it too much, but before I enlisted I partook maybe 5-10 times. I personally didn't enjoy the high too much, but the pain relief was amazing.

I've been on a few big pain killers throughout my day for issues related to service. They all make me feel too high, numb, and are very addictive. Marijuana has been a pain reliever that I've recently enjoyed. It has made me feel better than the pills. Those "legal" pills are addictive as ****, and have led to more problems than I'd like. After a long days work I personally would prefer smoking and going to sleep than drinking and taking these pain pills.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on marijuana? Should it be legal, medically only, or stay illegal?

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
No way it happens. So many republicans in the house senate have already been vocally critical.

State Republicans will block this

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m thinking the same. When have we ever been closely behind the outside the box thinkers.

True. On the bright side, Virginia did it. And while VA has gotten more progressive in the last 10 years, the law enforcement lobby is still very strong there.

I think the most compelling evidence on the LE side is how weed laws are so disparately enforced and serve as a predicate for what are often unnecessarily high impacts on minority communities. It serves to undercut the LE lobby’s standing - though I think Louisiana’s legislature is still a tough nut to crack.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
I read that the author of the bill had to REMOVE the option of public referendum. So now its just up to the state legislators and their Sherriff's Association overlords.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I read that the author of the bill had to REMOVE the option of public referendum. So now its just up to the state legislators and their Sherriff's Association overlords.
Yea iirc someone was successful defeating a bill with that option as unconstitutional or something. Total BS though.

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Well that's just wrong.

Do like Oklahoma. Write the law so liberally that no one will vote for it.

I mean really, who needs 8 ounces in their residence and 72 ounces of edibles? And that's just half of the specs.

Then put it in a primary election where most people won't vote.

Then watch it pass by a landslide and the state have to scramble to enact it because they established a date by which it had to start.

Their stupidity....our gain.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
The Louisiana bill was scheduled for a vote yesterday, but the bill was pulled at the last minute because it didn't have the votes to pass. Surprise, the Sheriff's Association told all legislators to vote "no" if it came up.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Louisiana bill was scheduled for a vote yesterday, but the bill was pulled at the last minute because it didn't have the votes to pass. Surprise, the Sheriff's Association told all legislators to vote "no" if it came up.

Of course they did. Smh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom