Votes: 687 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.7%

• Total voters
I'd never thought about the hangover effects. In my experience, the alcohol is far worse the next day.

as a person that has experienced both next days from either too much alcohol or smoked a tad bit too much chronic, i can honestly say, smoking too much is almost, almost (before the 100% pro weed people jump in), as bad as a drunken hangover.

legit, you can overdue anything.

waking up with a heavy head of high-fogginess isn't much better than doing so with a tad more than necessary alcoholic beverages.

still, it takes a lot of smoking to match the necessary drinks, but it doesn't discount the aftereffects.

fork it. i am currently high as fork, so take it as you will. i'm just proud that i can read what i've typed as literate.

Seriously people? How difficult is it to put your stuff away from the kids? A cheapo fire safe with a code they don't know would prevent much of this and protect your stash from heist.

Great news is it still hasn't been a fatal error. Not happy about 8% needed critical care, but curious about the circumstances and what was critical?

It probably needs to be mandated that the packaging is marketed in a way that isn't attractive to kids.

There's some science coming out right now that is indicating weed probably isn't as harmless as we've long believed, especially when it comes to adolescents. No, nobody is dying of weed overdoses, but there's a broad spectrum between "completely harmless" and "kills you," and it looks like we're learning cannabis doesn't fall as close to the harmless side as we thought.

In fact, Politico had an article this week about lawmakers seeking stricter regulation due to the number of recent studies showing negative effects ranging from higher emphysema rates, to cognitive declines and learning delays in adolescents. Add in people not being able to keep their edibles away from kids and you've got a recipe for a government crackdown.

There's some science coming out right now that is indicating weed probably isn't as harmless as we've long believed, especially when it comes to adolescents. No, nobody is dying of weed overdoses, but there's a broad spectrum between "completely harmless" and "kills you," and it looks like we're learning cannabis doesn't fall as close to the harmless side as we thought.

In fact, Politico had an article this week about lawmakers seeking stricter regulation due to the number of recent studies showing negative effects ranging from higher emphysema rates, to cognitive declines and learning delays in adolescents. Add in people not being able to keep their edibles away from kids and you've got a recipe for a government crackdown.

I've seen people take 10g wax hits. That's the problem, there's no need to smoke that much that quickly. It's a complete waste. I make a g of wax last 2 weeks.

I'm wondering if the analysis is controlling against the contribution of other substances. To truly study the next-day effects of THC, I would think that the users can't also be using alcohol or tobacco at the same time, and not using sleep aids including something simple like melatonin or something more intense like zzz-quill or prescription meds.

I've seen people take 10g wax hits. That's the problem, there's no need to smoke that much that quickly. It's a complete waste. I make a g of wax last 2 weeks.
Yea, with the way they can concentrate THC, you can run into problems that Alcohol doesn't really have.

If they could make a shot of alcohol that was 100,000 proof, imagine the amount of alcohol poisonings deaths we would have.

Except alcohol and cannabis couldn’t be more different.

Cannabis isn’t addictive and doesn’t kill brain cells. There are cannabanoid receptors in your brain. Overusing cannabis can cause nausea, disorientation and impaired vision. No one has ever died from cannabis ingestion

Overusing alcohol can and has often resulted in death. There are no receptors, nor a system that benefits from alcohol, and your body cannot synthesize it and must be dispelled through the liver (at a great cost to your liver). More than five people have died from alcohol since I started typing this.

Except alcohol and cannabis couldn’t be more different.

Cannabis isn’t addictive and doesn’t kill brain cells. There are cannabanoid receptors in your brain. Overusing cannabis can cause nausea, disorientation and impaired vision. No one has ever died from cannabis ingestion

Overusing alcohol can and has often resulted in death. There are no receptors, nor a system that benefits from alcohol, and your body cannot synthesize it and must be dispelled through the liver (at a great cost to your liver). More than five people have died from alcohol since I started typing this.
Good post. The only thing else I can add is cannabis withdrawals are not
life threatening. Alcohol withdrawal often needs prompt medical attention.

I think all things should be enjoyed in moderation. Good luck with that.

My best/worst weed highs and lows come from edibles. Wax is similar to edibles because a little can be a lot. 10g hit is just really really dumb. Just like me accidentally eating a half ounce worth. Long story short I should have only brought portions and not the whole. Lesson learned.

there may be some truth to it.

you've got a recipe for a government crackdown.
Well, it's been listed schedule 1 for years. I'm not certain what you mean by a crackdown.

I've no problem with good science and regulation. I think there are some things which need to be ironed out like packaging and penalties for allowing minors to access.

As for the impacts like lung issues, call me when tobacco is outlawed.

Maybe this time...

Previous versions of the SAFE bill have been approved by the House seven times over the past two congressional sessions, but it hasn’t cleared the Senate. Merkley says the latest introduction is the first time senators have created a path to get the bill to a floor vote in the upper chamber.

in br, capitol pharmacy (https://capitolpharmacy.com) has og kush $20 per 3.5g for the week. 8 * each 3.5 is $180 (3+ items 10% off). $180 for a high-quality og kush ounce is fantastic. not my favourite strain, but i know it is quite beloved. yeah, i bought more than an ounce worth.
louisiana needs to seriously consider this soon. i know why the South has such draconian drug laws but man the savings in criminal justice alone are worth it. not to mention new revenue streams and a whole segment of the population that drops off the black market. older people who get medical marijuana do not use it when they are prescribed because of the stigma.

louisiana needs to seriously consider this soon. i know why the South has such draconian drug laws but man the savings in criminal justice alone are worth it. not to mention new revenue streams and a whole segment of the population that drops off the black market. older people who get medical marijuana do not use it when they are prescribed because of the stigma.
Ms. is actually one of the first states to have drug courts. Non violent offenders are sentenced to rehabilitation.
Possession of an ounce or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor and doesn't go on the offenders permanent record.
My state doesn't do many things right, but this is one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom