Votes: 687 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.7%

• Total voters

A D.C. judge has ruled that a man who smokes medical marijuana in his apartment must stop after a neighbor complained that the odor from his marijuana crept into her home and caused a nuisance.

Judge Ebony Scott ruled late Monday that while Josefa Ippolito-Shepherd could not prove she is entitled to damages, she successfully made the case that the smell is a private nuisance, and Scott ordered Thomas Cackett to stop smoking. Scott said that Cackett is licensed to buy marijuana but “he does not possess a license to disrupt the full use and enjoyment of one’s land.”

“Indeed, the public interest is best served by eliminating the smoking nuisance and the toxins that it deposits into the air, toxins that involuntary smokers have no choice but to inhale,” Scott wrote in her decision.

Cackett is banned from smoking at his address or within 25 feet of Ippolito-Shepherd’s address.
The decision is believed to be the first of its kind and could open the door to additional legal action.

Ippolito-Shepherd told The Washington Post on Tuesday that she believed the decision was a win for people like her who have complained about the smell of marijuana since the drug has been allowed in most states in some form.

The 76-year-old argued during the trial in January that she has faced health problems including difficulty sleeping ever since she noticed the smell of marijuana, which is legal in the District, in her Cleveland Park home.

She said the owner of the adjoining home, Angella Farserotu, has allowed Cackett, who rents a ground-level, accessory apartment, to smoke without consequences. Farserotu and Cackett responded that they have no legal responsibility for Ippolito-Shepherd’s ailments……..

A D.C. judge has ruled that a man who smokes medical marijuana in his apartment must stop after a neighbor complained that the odor from his marijuana crept into her home and caused a nuisance.

Judge Ebony Scott ruled late Monday that while Josefa Ippolito-Shepherd could not prove she is entitled to damages, she successfully made the case that the smell is a private nuisance, and Scott ordered Thomas Cackett to stop smoking. Scott said that Cackett is licensed to buy marijuana but “he does not possess a license to disrupt the full use and enjoyment of one’s land.”

“Indeed, the public interest is best served by eliminating the smoking nuisance and the toxins that it deposits into the air, toxins that involuntary smokers have no choice but to inhale,” Scott wrote in her decision.

Cackett is banned from smoking at his address or within 25 feet of Ippolito-Shepherd’s address.
The decision is believed to be the first of its kind and could open the door to additional legal action.

Ippolito-Shepherd told The Washington Post on Tuesday that she believed the decision was a win for people like her who have complained about the smell of marijuana since the drug has been allowed in most states in some form.

The 76-year-old argued during the trial in January that she has faced health problems including difficulty sleeping ever since she noticed the smell of marijuana, which is legal in the District, in her Cleveland Park home.

She said the owner of the adjoining home, Angella Farserotu, has allowed Cackett, who rents a ground-level, accessory apartment, to smoke without consequences. Farserotu and Cackett responded that they have no legal responsibility for Ippolito-Shepherd’s ailments……..

Up next, entitled vegans who sue over bbq.

And that has unfortunately happened........Vegan VS BBQ
this also
==========

RALEIGH, N.C. — WRAL News on Friday spoke to the woman who ripped into a local barbecue restaurant for serving her pink meat.
Annie Cooke said she has had barbecue at other restaurants, and it was never pink.

The issue started, she said, when she returned to Clyde Cooper's Barbeque to either have the restaurant cook the barbecue longer, serve her something else off the menu or give her a refund. Cooke said none of these things happened after she talked with the owner of the restaurant.

Cooke said she wrote the negative review because she felt the owner was being dismissive of her concerns, explaining, "That’s just the way I felt -- that’s the reason I called the cops, because I couldn’t get my money back or I couldn’t get a different plate."

Debbie Holt, owner of Clyde Cooper's Barbeque, said she did offer the customer a different meal, but Cooke refused. When that happened, Cooke was given one piece of chicken in a brown paper bag, and not the full chicken plate she expected.

Cooke told WRAL News on Friday she is considering filing a civil lawsuit...........

this also
==========

RALEIGH, N.C. — WRAL News on Friday spoke to the woman who ripped into a local barbecue restaurant for serving her pink meat.
Annie Cooke said she has had barbecue at other restaurants, and it was never pink.

The issue started, she said, when she returned to Clyde Cooper's Barbeque to either have the restaurant cook the barbecue longer, serve her something else off the menu or give her a refund. Cooke said none of these things happened after she talked with the owner of the restaurant.

Cooke said she wrote the negative review because she felt the owner was being dismissive of her concerns, explaining, "That’s just the way I felt -- that’s the reason I called the cops, because I couldn’t get my money back or I couldn’t get a different plate."

Debbie Holt, owner of Clyde Cooper's Barbeque, said she did offer the customer a different meal, but Cooke refused. When that happened, Cooke was given one piece of chicken in a brown paper bag, and not the full chicken plate she expected.

Cooke told WRAL News on Friday she is considering filing a civil lawsuit...........

Hello, what color would you like your meat today?

I'm good with this. About time really.

OK Potheads, I need advice!
Those are words I never once thought I would say.

Anyways, my wife and I have wanted to try marijuana for a long time but we’ve always felt we had to be completely sober at all times due to our son’s disabilities and mental illness. Lately we’ve been pretty stressed. He attacked my wife and is now in a psychiatric facility. Because he’s out of the house for a while, we’re looking to try something. I’m looking for an edible that is pretty weak in potency (because we’re new to this) and really meant for relaxing.

We really don’t know where to start so I thought I‘d check in with this thread to see what ideas y’all have. What should we be looking for? Are their brands or marijuana sub species we should keep an eye out for? The last think I want is my wife to be taking “el diablo“ and freaking out to the point we never try this again. If it helps enhance the ‘mood’ for married couples, then bonus..

Thoughts? Comments? We’re in the Denver area so we have access to any specialty shops that are around here. Thanks brothers and sisters.

OK Potheads, I need advice!
Those are words I never once thought I would say.

Anyways, my wife and I have wanted to try marijuana for a long time but we’ve always felt we had to be completely sober at all times due to our son’s disabilities and mental illness. Lately we’ve been pretty stressed. He attacked my wife and is now in a psychiatric facility. Because he’s out of the house for a while, we’re looking to try something. I’m looking for an edible that is pretty weak in potency (because we’re new to this) and really meant for relaxing.

We really don’t know where to start so I thought I‘d check in with this thread to see what ideas y’all have. What should we be looking for? Are their brands or marijuana sub species we should keep an eye out for? The last think I want is my wife to be taking “el diablo“ and freaking out to the point we never try this again. If it helps enhance the ‘mood’ for married couples, then bonus..

Thoughts? Comments? We’re in the Denver area so we have access to any specialty shops that are around here. Thanks brothers and sisters.
I've never been to one, but I've heard most of the specialty shops will cater to what you're looking to go for.

I've never been to one, but I've heard most of the specialty shops will cater to what you're looking to go for.
The shops will have budtenders who can explain what you are purchasing.

With edibles, especially 1st time, take your time. I'd recommend at least 2 hrs before a second dose and find the effect builds for up to 4 hrs. Less is better until you learn how it affects you. It's important to remember you got it at a regulated point of sale and no one has ever died from weed alone if you over do it.

Watch a comedy if that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom