Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
I've 100% changed my opinion on it. If you can find a quick way to test for driving under the influence of pot without a blood test I'm all for it. I don't want police randomly administering blood tests because a person is driving tired and the police expect pot.

Really not much need. Doesn't make you dizzy, no double vision.

Cell phones and driving are far, far worse.

Studies be damned. I'm talking about reality, not some ******** study. People can talk down the "gateway drug" argument all they want, they are only blowing smoke. I watched it happen. Drugs kill people and ruin lives. ALL drugs, legal or not. Keep them away from me and my family.

As someone who had a serious struggle with alcoholism as a teenager, I can tell you I'm no friend to the alcohol industry, either. However, certain types of alcohol in small amounts are actually beneficial to one's health. That can't be said about marijuana. Unless they are being used to treat a specific illness, all drugs only screw with the body (and most screw up the body in other ways while they are helping the illness). That's why my vote is yes, but for medical purposes only. That is my vote for any drug. I don't really even trust most of the medical community concerning drugs; I certainly don't think the general person on the street has any business screwing around with them.

And if I personally can avoid having to take any of them for anything, I'll continue to be a happy man. I see too many people become addicted for life to medications through what's been prescibed to them, much less illegal junkies. The body becomes dependant on that crap.

Forgive me that I get a little heated on this topic, but it decidedly strikes a nerve.

i understand where you are coming from completely....i know 4 people who died from their addictions and two of them were very good friends of mine that i grew up with....i also know people that are still alive and still hooked on various types of drugs....

none of them are marijuana addicts....in fact, all of them are/were opiate addicts....

but that isn't a valid reason to keep pot illegal when you can pretty much buy alcohol at any store

The gateway drug myth is born out of propaganda and has no scientific merit. There is no real legitimate reason for pot to be illegal.

It was made illegal because certain wealthy people stood to make a ton of money with its prohibition. It as about industrial hemp, not public safety. Making pot and thus hemp illegal eliminated hemp paper and allowed dow chemical company to have a monopoly on the chemical process to create paper from timber.

I understand how you think you saw it but I'm betting if your sibling is honest as I am being honest having walked that same road, they would have walked that road even if they had never heard of pot.

There is no doubting the other drugs are bad and I won't try to convince you weed is good, I'm just saying that the link between them is or is almost non-existent. I hope they already have or will get it straightened out for the sake of your family.

Thanks for the well wishes, Zack. Fortunately, he did get off the train, but it took landing in jail (for cocaine possession with intent to sell, though he had no intention of selling. Long story I won't get into) to get him to wake up to what he was. I was just happy he didn't end up dead because for a few years, I thought that was going to be the end result.

He spent a couple of years in counselling after he got out and has been sober ever since, praise the Name.

The gateway drug myth is born out of propaganda and has no scientific merit. There is no real legitimate reason for pot to be illegal.

It was made illegal because certain wealthy people stood to make a ton of money with its prohibition. It as about industrial hemp, not public safety. Making pot and thus hemp illegal eliminated hemp paper and allowed dow chemical company to have a monopoly on the chemical process to create paper from timber.

The Marijuana Conspiracy: The Reason Hemp Is Illegal by Doug Yurchey

just think, if it were legal, hostess would still be in business and people would actually enjoy twinkies.

Google Dupont vs Hemp.

You will see why it is illegal. Makes all the sense in the world.

You'll thank me later

Google Dupont vs Hemp.

You will see why it is illegal. Makes all the sense in the world.

You'll thank me later

interesting.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/acpoQb7WjN4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/acpoQb7WjN4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jokV8xlJTNE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jokV8xlJTNE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZvFE53JzDk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZvFE53JzDk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/54vD_cPCQM8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54vD_cPCQM8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Pardon me, I said dow, it was dupont. Wrong chemical corporate.

It definitely should be legal. Like others have said, pot is only illegal because the government saw benefit in making it illegal. Ever heard of the Marijuna stamp act? Google it.
This made it illegal to have Marj. without a government issued stamp or you would pay a fine or get arrested. But you couldn't go and buy a stamp without incriminating yourself and they weren't available anyway. It was also made illegal so the gov't could prevent Mexican immigrants from coming into the country, since it was highly used in Mexico in the early 20th century. IT is all a farce!!

IMO, alcohol and tobacco are far worse! What benefits are there of tobacco use? Absolutely none! at least pot has some beneficial effects and uses. The gov't makes billions off alcohol and tobacco taxes. Follow the money path guys!

Should be legal, or at least decriminalized. Think of how much prison room and police time and effort could be freed up if they didn't have to worry about pot!! Just MHO.

The first time I heard this about DuPont was around 1992 when Jello Biafra (lead singer of the Dead Kennedys) was on a spoken word tour. He spoke at Tulane and spent about a half hour talking about this. I'm not sure if it's in that link, but Jello also claimed that DuPont was one of the main financial backers for the movie "Reefer Madness."

is he ever going to release another lard album?

is he ever going to release another lard album?

Along with suing American Idol for using his version of Viva Las Vegas, he has been doing stuff with The Melvins recently. He also did some stuff with Ministry a couple years ago that is similar to the Lard stuff.

If it is legalized or decriminalized will employers still be able to test you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom