Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
so edibles have finally hit the markets here in the province... I've smoked a couple of cigarettes in my life and they were thoroughly unwholesome experiences. So, the appeal of smoking a joint is not at all interesting, but maybe this gummie or brownie or cookie or capsule thing is a better option?

I know... I'm a square

so edibles have finally hit the markets here in the province... I've smoked a couple of cigarettes in my life and they were thoroughly unwholesome experiences. So, the appeal of smoking a joint is not at all interesting, but maybe this gummie or brownie or cookie or capsule thing is a better option?

I know... I'm a square
i dunno. edibles are different for everyone. i prefer the tinctures

i dunno. edibles are different for everyone. i prefer the tinctures

"tinctures"?!?!?

who the hell are you?

Sweeney Todd?

original.jpg

I know... I'm a square
If you are going to dabble with edibles there is some important differences. Unfortunately there isn't really good science behind it, but this article talks about the little we do know.

Also, some edibles are thc only. Without the terpines and CBD, the experience can be different as well. If you have access to the flower, you might want to consider making canni-butter if you can't find a good full spectrum option.

If you are going to dabble with edibles there is some important differences. Unfortunately there isn't really good science behind it, but this article talks about the little we do know.

Also, some edibles are thc only. Without the terpines and CBD, the experience can be different as well. If you have access to the flower, you might want to consider making canni-butter if you can't find a good full spectrum option.

If you mix soy lecithin in there it will increase the potency by up to 5 times the amount. I don't know about baking with it but if you use coconut oil it'll increase the high over butter as well because it has a higher fat content.

If you've never eaten decarboxylated thc, I would think the last thing you want to try is cooking with it. I still, to this day, catch myself licking the spoon during cleanup and have had to fight off many heavy effects.

5mg is a very good baseline dose for food products, and is what I give to all of the first-time experiences who come through the door.

If you've never eaten decarboxylated thc, I would think the last thing you want to try is cooking with it. I still, to this day, catch myself licking the spoon during cleanup and have had to fight off many heavy effects.

5mg is a very good baseline dose for food products, and is what I give to all of the first-time experiences who come through the door.

You have to decarb or else you're wasting the potential.

I think the tincture method I saw on Weedicate might be easier once you perfect the recipe. Basically fill a mason jar with flower and everclear . Shake it regularly and strip all the resin with a good soak. Strain out the solid and pour the rest into a coffee pot. Put it on the burner and reduce until the alcohol is done. You'll have a very potent result. I'm assuming the heat while burning off the alcohol will decarb the product.

I think the tincture method I saw on Weedicate might be easier once you perfect the recipe. Basically fill a mason jar with flower and everclear . Shake it regularly and strip all the resin with a good soak. Strain out the solid and pour the rest into a coffee pot. Put it on the burner and reduce until the alcohol is done. You'll have a very potent result. I'm assuming the heat while burning off the alcohol will decarb the product.

There's a proper way to decarb and it involves a double boiler method while reaching a certain temp for a certain amount of time. Also it matters what you're trying to make. Time is crucial in this. It's HIGHLY important.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom