Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
For me, it’s just not a hill I’m willing to die on because there isn’t a real need for it. If I have a need to be covert I have no problem buying a real gummy worm pack and swapping them. And why else do you need it to look like that?

I actually think we'll start to see companies go after these because they don't want their products being associated with this. I think the packaging is similar enough that if can infringe on their Trademarks and copyrights. I don't know a lot about the legalities there, but I would think this would be an issue.

I actually think we'll start to see companies go after these because they don't want their products being associated with this. I think the packaging is similar enough that if can infringe on their Trademarks and copyrights. I don't know a lot about the legalities there, but I would think this would be an issue.

I had that thought as well. Even though there isn’t much argument that they are going after the same market, you are probably right about the association.

Yeah, that's an issue, but the problem with the edibles is the packaging looks too similar to junk food that kids typically eat. Kids might not be familiar with the Hard Lemonade can, but they're definitely familiar with Doritos and Chips Ahoy.
Yeah not a hill I care to die in either, but I'm willing to point out the hypocrisy and lack of thought it takes to get upset at weed for something alcohol and guns have been doing for decades while killing thousands vs none.

It’s definitely a trademark issue.

Well, that could be resolved with legalizing marijuana at the federal level. It's time.

Yes, but I think the FL SCT's rationale is pretty flimsy. It's a ballot proposal under Florida law - so the Florida law would "permit" marijuana to the extent applicable under Florida law.

From today's Times-Pic:
Nelson met this week with the Louisiana Sheriffs Association, an influential law enforcement group that has long opposed efforts to loosen marijuana laws. He said the meeting was ''cordial,'' but the Sheriffs Association confirmed it will oppose the bill.

From today's Times-Pic:

Louisiana missed a massive amount of income listening to groups like the Sheriff's Association. They could have setup a similar system to Amsterdam, and had it only legal to sell in the French Quarter. You could have let the rest of the state grow it, and everyone wins. They should have done that a decade ago.

Louisiana missed a massive amount of income listening to groups like the Sheriff's Association. They could have setup a similar system to Amsterdam, and had it only legal to sell in the French Quarter. You could have let the rest of the state grow it, and everyone wins. They should have done that a decade ago.
When has Louisiana politicians ever done anything smart or substantial like this? I can't think of anything.

When has Louisiana politicians ever done anything smart or substantial like this? I can't think of anything.

I think it was the LA AG about two years ago testified at a hearing that law enforcement opposed decriminalization “because we continue to see marijuana associated with criminal activity.”

:scratch:

I would have been on board with this but not for the French Quarter. Bourbon Street is just one aspect of the Quarter and very far from the best part of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom