Votes: 683 87.7%
  • Yes, but only medically

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • No, but the marijuana laws should be relaxed

Votes: 24 3.1%
  • No, it should remain illegal.

Votes: 45 5.8%

• Total voters
No way it happens. So many republicans in the house senate have already been vocally critical.

State Republicans will block this

I’m thinking the same. When have we ever been closely behind the outside the box thinkers.

True. On the bright side, Virginia did it. And while VA has gotten more progressive in the last 10 years, the law enforcement lobby is still very strong there.

I think the most compelling evidence on the LE side is how weed laws are so disparately enforced and serve as a predicate for what are often unnecessarily high impacts on minority communities. It serves to undercut the LE lobby’s standing - though I think Louisiana’s legislature is still a tough nut to crack.

I read that the author of the bill had to REMOVE the option of public referendum. So now its just up to the state legislators and their Sherriff's Association overlords.

I read that the author of the bill had to REMOVE the option of public referendum. So now its just up to the state legislators and their Sherriff's Association overlords.

Well that's just wrong.

Do like Oklahoma. Write the law so liberally that no one will vote for it.

I mean really, who needs 8 ounces in their residence and 72 ounces of edibles? And that's just half of the specs.

Then put it in a primary election where most people won't vote.

Then watch it pass by a landslide and the state have to scramble to enact it because they established a date by which it had to start.

Their stupidity....our gain.

The Louisiana bill was scheduled for a vote yesterday, but the bill was pulled at the last minute because it didn't have the votes to pass. Surprise, the Sheriff's Association told all legislators to vote "no" if it came up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom