Marine throws puppy off of cliff (not real?) (1 Viewer)

Geez, dude. I'm glad I don't live in your head. I think some of the people on this board watch waaay too much cable news, lol.

I'm just sayin'...

It's pretty clear to me what happened.

But if this was a big issue, someone would be still arguing that it was just a stunt.

I'm just basing it on parsing the words of the story and the information released, that's all. Then I take it to the extreme of what someone could try argue based on that wording.

Me, personally, I have a good idea what happened. Would just prefer a little more candor and directness in the world instead of the obfuscatory language we are bombarded with.

Well, they don't actually address that in the story.

Says the Marine was expelled "for his role in a video showing a Marine throwing a puppy..."

Specifics of "role" are left open. Based just on what's in that story the video itself might have been a stunt but the Marine expelled for the PR damage to the Corps. They do not address whether a puppy was actually thrown, just that the video "showed one thrown." Deniability is still there...

It could be real, probably is, but this is the world of weasely spin we live in. Words are used to obscure and confuse as easily as they are to clarify.

Obviously they released as little information as possible and hope to see this go away.

People are going to believe what they want to believe until we get some kind of definitive statement that the video was real.

Most people no longer care and have forgotten this.

True, I hadn't thought of it like that. They could have just expelled him because of his involvement in the video and what backlash it caused, regardless of it's "truth" :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom