Mario Edwards Jr signing with the Bears (1 Viewer)

The Saints saw better version of Edwards in Roach as a versatile lineman who can play DE and DT. I was surprised by his release but in hindsight you figure a player with a similar skillset must of impressed the coaches.

Edwards is a true tweener. Roach is more suited as a 3 technique at this level. I don't see Roach being an NFL DE, he lacks the arm length and lateral agility. But his strength and quick first step will help him in a gap shooting pure 3 tech.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
The Bears are Mario’s 4th team in 5 years. He’s a decent player, but he’s just one of those guys.

On the bright side for him, guys who move around usually end up making a bit more than fringe/lower-end roster players who stay with one team most of their career.

He definitely contributed last year and I wish him well. I do believe his cut tells us a lot of the youth and talent we have accrued over the last few years. Portends well for the future even absent Drew.

On the bright side for him, guys who move around usually end up making a bit more than fringe/lower-end roster players who stay with one team most of their career.

Yeah, you’re right. Being a journeyman is not a bad gig at all.

plenty of ex-Saints in da Bears locker room

I liked him. I thought he was a valuable piece last year. Rankins out most the year, Onyemamta out to start the year, Hendrickson still fairly unknown, Brown new to the team. Players like Granderson and Tuttle were complete unknowns. He gave us valuable depth across the line. That's not really an issue this year. It shows with neither him nor Hunt making the team, both vet tweeners that can expand your depth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom