Mark Brunell in the 4th quarter (1 Viewer)

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score
When we have a huge lead in the 4th quarter I'd like to see Mark Brunell take over for Drew. Id like to keep Brunell's head in the game jus in case the unthinkable happens to Drew and Id like to make the window smaller for the unthinkable to happen to Drew.

What are y'alls thoughts on seeing Brunell during garbage time?

From the looks of it, Payton does not want to lose a close one or get in that situation this year. It does help the final score when the defense is able to put points on the board.

I generally like to defer to the coaches.

I want Brees to set every record that there is this season.

True Dat.

Ridiculous for Brees to be in the game in the 4th Quarter with a three score lead. Tempting hubris.

Wow...hard call. I want to see Drew break all the records he can, but it is tempting fate to have him in during garbage time when the other team's defense is probably ****** off. I guess I would rather see Brunell in there getting some reps and staying fresh.

In an interview, SP said he has seen a 3 TD lead in the NFL evaporate w/ in minutes, although he didnt mention the game. But a quick STs TD , turnover w/ a TD, then an onsides kick w/ a score, it can happen.

I would like to see Brees pulled in the middle of the second quarter when we run up a forty point lead.:mwink:

I want to see Breesus hand the ball off to our 3 headed monster during the 4th quarter... Let time expire!!!!!!!

I want to see Breesus hand the ball off to our 3 headed monster during the 4th quarter... Let time expire!!!!!!!

I like this answer.

A pounding 4th quarter ground game is the most effective way to hold on to a lead generated by the offense in the first 3. It's a great recipe and worked well for us in 2006. Payton hasn't had the tools to do it more recently, but we're looking much stronger this season.

It's a total gameplan for both sides of the ball. Brees and the offense look to start very strong, very fast. Move down the field with tempo and accuracy, put 7 on the board as soon as possible. Keep up the pressure regardless of what the Saints defense does, with tempo and a wide rotation of packages and personnel, keeping the defense on its heels and continuing to score. Hopefully the other offense can't keep up, regardless of just how good the Saints defense is and by halftime or mid-3rd quarter, you've got a decent lead. GW's defensive pressure and ball-hawking will pay greater dividends as the opposition gets more and more desperate to score as time time remaining decreases. And then a strong running game to pound the gassed defense so that Drew can milk the clock in textbook fashion -

And you win. Depending on how consistent you can be with it, you can win alot.

It's beautiful!

We have an offense that's very dependant on timing. Disrupting them with a different QB is not something I ever want to do.

Honestly, we could lock up home field advantage by week 8 and I'd still want us to play our starters for the second half of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom