Mark Ingram a healthy scratch (1 Viewer)

They discussed at the beginning. JK Dobbins is the guy. They love Gus Edwards. Ingram is a RB3 that doesn't play special teams, so he doesn't play. Justice Hill plays ST so he is the RB3.

Ingram got that $8M/yr contract his agent said he would and now he has been phased out. Oh wait, he didn't get that $8M/yr.

No thanks. He chose to chase the $$$ instead of staying where he could be used better and it bit him in the butt. Murray is just as good and much cheaper.
Seriously, so a competing company offers you twice your current salary...you're just not going to consider it because your loyalty to your current employer.

um, he didn't get twice what we offered him
Ah...so my point wasn't if its double its justified, less isn't ok. My point was that we all chase the money at some point so stop being so unforgiving of him chasing the money.

Edit: undoubtedly someone will argue that they are of higher moral character than that and they don't chase the money...listen, I'm not living life in Mark Ingram shoes or anyone else's on this board...stop judging others with such criticism and relax a bit.

Seriously, so a competing company offers you twice your current salary...you're just not going to consider it because your loyalty to your current employer.

Wasn't even close to twice the salary. If I had a slightly better offer from a competing company (and I have) I stay loyal to my employer if they have already proven their loyalty to me.

he let his agent talk him up *thinking* he was gonna get waay more, Saints had the.opportunity to sign his replacement (Murray) and couldn't wait on him to keep negotiating with Baltimore. his agent was using the leverage that he could just re-sign with the Saints. when we signed Murray, his leverage was gone and signed for not much more then the Saints were offering. now his career is mostly done as a starter. best he'll be is a 3rd down back. if he had re-signed with the Saints, he would still be getting carries instead of riding the pine like he is in Baltimore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom