Mark Ingram appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Any time a fan base loses someone who has meant so much to the team and community, there's a period of mourning. It doesn't matter how logical the move was (or wasn't for both sides). I have many thoughts on the move, some of which I expressed weeks ago, but those are for another day.

What matters now is that Mark Ingram is a good player and by all accounts, a special person. It took large chunks of our fan base a long time to admit this, but I think there's near universal consensus now as to how much we appreciate him. So let's use this thread as an opportunity to say as such. You know that players read SR. Hopefully deuce-deuce does. Thanks, Mark.

I am crushed with this news, and furious all over again about the no-call. Mark should have gotten the chance for a ring last year. It kills me that we are tampering with the chemistry of the locker room, and MI22 was a huge part of that chemistry.

I'm going to miss "Angry Mark" running for 20+ yards during games. I'm going to miss the interaction between him and AK41. I am really, really hoping that I am finished missing MI22 in September, and that the transition will be seamless.

I am happy that his work and talent have been recognized to deserve his offer from the Ravens.

Still.... hoping for a miracle.

At first, I didn't know if he was going to live up to the hype. But Mark's will to succeed and improve saw him turn into one of the best backs the Saints have ever had. Add in his infectious personality and locker room presence, and I can wholeheartedly say that this loss hurts the team in a way that we simply cannot replace. Even still, I'm so happy for Mark and his contract is well-deserved. Go out there to Baltimore, make all the money you can, and then come back here and retire as a Saint when it's all said and done. All the best to Mr. Ingram.

Maybe the first appreciation thread felt the need to post in. Thank you Mark. Truly a pleasure watching your entire career. Loved the story SP told about his son begging to draft you. This team the last 2 years were a blessing and you were a major part.

Ingram seems to be a wonderful young man, and have enjoyed watching him play all these years, all my best for success in his future

Thanks mark good luck in baltimore you deserve the payday second best rb to deuce McAllister will miss ya

Good luck Mark Ingram...hope you have good luck the rest of your career, except against us.

Good man, better teammate, even better player. I’m thrilled he made his “Mark” on the Saints! Good luck Mark!

I love Mark, and have always advocated for him, since he was drafted. I seen the talent, potential, work ethic, and energy.

I've been a saints fan since I was 6 years old, so that's 20 years now. I can honestly say, this one hurts the most. I know the connection that he had with the rest of the team. I know he was the heart and soul of this team, and a very big leader of these young guys.

I'm thankful to have watched him these past 8 years, and whichever team signs him are very lucky. Congrats Deuce-Deuce go get em man Who dat!!

Sorry to lose you MI, glad your getting a good deal, thank you for being a great Saints player, you will be missed.

Say it isn't so. I have always loved Mark because he has always seemed humble to just come in and go to work. He still plays around, especially with Kamara, but does not really get into the trash talking. I do love the Angry Mark reference because he does run fierce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom