Mark Ingram: Celebration or tamtrum (1 Viewer)

I highly doubt Ingram was throwing any sort of tantrum, but he really isn't utilized like he should be. We could be controlling the clock better and prolonging Brees' career if we rode Ingram more often. I mean, how happy can a RB be getting less than 12 carries a game? Ingram is good enough. Give him the rock.

Yeah, he should be carrying it at least 15-20 times a game. Now that I think about it, I'm actually surprised he hasn't thrown more tantrums during his tenure!

Not a tantrum at all. He was just motioning to Brees that he was open, which he was. Brees hesitated in throwing the pass to Ingram because he was trying to hit Kuhn. As wide open as Ingram was, I was surprised at even the slight hesitation on Brees' part.

You say that with such certainty that I would think you were Ingram or personally talked with him.
I saw the same thing and my first reaction was that he was upset. I've watched him for years and that's the same thing he does when he's frustrated after a run that should've been longer. I though that Kuhn had several easy carries and that catch for a td that should've went to Ingram. Ingram worked his butt off to get them in that position just for Kuhn to come in and take the easy tds. I understand his frustration. I noticed too that he did not go celebrate with Kuhn after his tds. I was frustrated for him myself.
Then you come onto this forum and everyone is singing Kuhn's praises. The guy had three easy tds that two of which one of us could've ran in. While Ingram had at least three really good clutch catches (especially the wheel route). I like Kuhn but if you watch the game Ingram was clutch and should've had at least two of Kuhn's tds IMO. As a coach you wanna reward your workhorse with those tds. Ask Mike Ditka about Walter Payton in the Superbowl when he gave that td carry to the Fridge.

You say that with such certainty that I would think you were Ingram or personally talked with him.
I saw the same thing and my first reaction was that he was upset. I've watched him for years and that's the same thing he does when he's frustrated after a run that should've been longer. I though that Kuhn had several easy carries and that catch for a td that should've went to Ingram. Ingram worked his butt off to get them in that position just for Kuhn to come in and take the easy tds. I understand his frustration. I noticed too that he did not go celebrate with Kuhn after his tds. I was frustrated for him myself.
Then you come onto this forum and everyone ifs singing Kuhn's praises. The guy had three easy tds that one of us could've ran two in. While Ingram had at least three really good clutch catches (especially the wheel route). I like Kuhn but if you watch the game Ingram was clutch and should've had at least two of Kuhn's tds IMO. As a coach you wanna reward your workhorse with those tds. Ask Mike Ditka about Walter Payton in the. Superbowl when he gave carries to the Fridge.

No way. Ingram already had 1 rushing TD on the day when Kuhn caught that pass. Watch the clip again, Ingram is clearly pumped up about the touchdown, and probably felt like he was a part of that play because he drew the coverage away from Kuhn. He is always fired up, he plays with a lot of passion. It was just an aggressive celebration.

No way. Ingram already had 1 rushing TD on the day when Kuhn caught that pass. Watch the clip again, Ingram is clearly pumped up about the touchdown, and probably felt like he was a part of that play because he drew the coverage away from Kuhn. He is always fired up, he plays with a lot of passion. It was just an aggressive celebration.

I hope you're right but that's not what I saw. Like I said it's the same frustration he shows after a run that could've broke open. Couple that with the fact that he turned straight for the bench not celebrating. But whatever, we won and I hope that soothes any wounds he might have. It certainly made me feel better.

I wasn't able to completely focus on the game yesterday because I was at a friend's house and they have an 18 month old that recently discovered his passion for drumming...

Anyways, I watched the CST highlights on "saints tonight" and I noticed on the touchdown pass to Kuhn (PA rollout had his choice between Ingram and Kuhn in the flats) that Ingram threw his hands in the air and then the camera cut away.

To me, his mannerisms were similar to what he does when he's tangled up on a play that should have gone for a big gain.

Did anyone else see this? Honestly, the clip I saw was very short and very well could have been celebrating, but it looked more like a tantrum to me. Did anyone else get a better look at it? I'm sure there was someone at the game, that can give some input.

If he was throwing a tantrum, that's not a good look IMO. I've very much been an Ingram supporter over the course of his career, but if he's upset that he didn't get the TD, yet we scored...then I think he's got the wrong mindset.

Dude, they won..21-0. It's over. Mark is a Saint now.

Support him and stop nitpicking.

(i say this all in jest..but saints fans whine more about mark ingram than reggie bush and bush was a complete bust for what he was supposed to come in and do while mark at least has been productive).

who else saw Kuhn snatch the pass from a wide open Fleener before that last touchdown?
Fleener was wide open in the end zone, Brees looked to be throwing the ball to Fleener then out of no where, Kuhn jumps up and pulls it out if the air at the one yard line. Luckily we still scored, but I was like, oh no....

cost me 6 pts in Fantasy :)

(i say this all in jest..but saints fans whine more about mark ingram than reggie bush and bush was a complete bust for what he was supposed to come in and do while mark at least has been productive).

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Not once was I unsupportive of Mark Ingram. I was asking a question about the gesture he made. I wasn't sure what he was doing, so I asked people who may have been at the game.

Asking a question is infinitely better than assuming..ahem..

However, if he had been upset about another player scoring a TD, then that would be a huge locker room concern to me, which IMO completely validates my query.

Apparently, others thought the same thing...

Do you think it would be acceptable for a player to throw a fit because they didn't score?

Yesterday I was thinking that Sean should experiment and stop the rotations for a game, and use Mark as an every down back.

Yesterday he was looking dominant, and suddenly, Palko and Hightower started to get touches.

Mark is doing everything well, running, catching and protecting. I think it is against our DNA but we could be more effective with him most of the time on the field.

I didnt know we replaced Grayson with Tyler Palko.

SUPERBOWL BOUND NOW, BOYS!!!

Even in "jest", the comment makes no sense when referencing "21-0". Mark was a rookie RB for the Saints when that season was going on.

If Vinnie Sunseri was still on the team and someone was hating on him, then the joke would make more sense.

that's kind of pushing it. I wish Mark had the talent Reggie did. I would take Reggie over Mark in their prime.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom