Mark Ingram: Celebration or tamtrum (1 Viewer)

I thought it was a tantrum while watching the play live, but after seeing the replay it looked more like a celebration of the TD.

I think ingram threw up his hands because the linebacker grabbed him and it should have been a flag.

If it is the same play I am thinking of, Kuhn was ridiculously open and that play was a beaut.

No Kuhn wasn't, that's why Brees passed to Ingram. (If we're talking about the same play)

Edited: Never mind, we're talking about different plays.

Wait, that was the follow play concept right? Wouldn't he just be excited that he executed it perfectly? That play has been money.

I threw a tantrum because Ingram is on my fantasy team. But that's for another forum.

who else saw Kuhn snatch the pass from a wide open Fleener before that last touchdown?
Fleener was wide open in the end zone, Brees looked to be throwing the ball to Fleener then out of no where, Kuhn jumps up and pulls it out if the air at the one yard line. Luckily we still scored, but I was like, oh no....

Was so glad that Kuhn snatched that ball before Fleener had a chance to drop it.

Yesterday I was thinking that Sean should experiment and stop the rotations for a game, and use Mark as an every down back.

Yesterday he was looking dominant, and suddenly, Palko and Hightower started to get touches.

Mark is doing everything well, running, catching and protecting. I think it is against our DNA but we could be more effective with him most of the time on the field.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was in no way throwing a tantrum.

He's been nothing but a team player going back to his days at Bammer. He's been the ideal teammate his whole time here in a sometimes crowded backfield even after proving that he can be an every down back.

He's just not that kind of guy.

Because, Kuhn has the best hands.

Did you not see that fantastic pass-catch sequence when Drew threw it over a defender to Ingram streaking up the sideline? It was a tough play on both guys. Ingram has great hands.

who else saw Kuhn snatch the pass from a wide open Fleener before that last touchdown?
Fleener was wide open in the end zone, Brees looked to be throwing the ball to Fleener then out of no where, Kuhn jumps up and pulls it out if the air at the one yard line. Luckily we still scored, but I was like, oh no....

I thought it was smart of Kuhn to grab it to kill time.

Did you not see that fantastic pass-catch sequence when Drew threw it over a defender to Ingram streaking up the sideline? It was a tough play on both guys. Ingram has great hands.

Man, that was a thing of beauty. Both parties deserve a lot of credit for that pass and catch.

I wasn't able to completely focus on the game yesterday because I was at a friend's house and they have an 18 month old that recently discovered his passion for drumming...

Anyways, I watched the CST highlights on "saints tonight" and I noticed on the touchdown pass to Kuhn (PA rollout had his choice between Ingram and Kuhn in the flats) that Ingram threw his hands in the air and then the camera cut away.

To me, his mannerisms were similar to what he does when he's tangled up on a play that should have gone for a big gain.

Did anyone else see this? Honestly, the clip I saw was very short and very well could have been celebrating, but it looked more like a tantrum to me. Did anyone else get a better look at it? I'm sure there was someone at the game, that can give some input.

If he was throwing a tantrum, that's not a good look IMO. I've very much been an Ingram supporter over the course of his career, but if he's upset that he didn't get the TD, yet we scored...then I think he's got the wrong mindset.

That was not a tantrum, it was excitement. He immediately looked at the bench to celebrate.

I highly doubt Ingram was throwing any sort of tantrum, but he really isn't utilized like he should be. We could be controlling the clock better and prolonging Brees' career if we rode Ingram more often. I mean, how happy can a RB be getting less than 12 carries a game? Ingram is good enough. Give him the rock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom